10 Signs You Are Slowly Turning Into A Suburban Mom

Your idea of a perfect day: wine, Target, and yoga.

3683

From my experience, college students often act like suburban moms. But hey, you're not a regular mom, you're a cool mom (cue the biggest Regina George-esque sigh). We go shopping with the gals, get our nails done, have coffee addictions we won't admit to, and don't mind the dad bod.

If you relate to any of these, chances are you're actually a suburban mom — or, at least, a suburban mom at heart. Just please don't do that thing where you hold your phone and type with one thumb and one finger... don't be that mom.

1. Mom jeans

Since these were resurrected, I have never cared so little about how my butt looked in jeans. They're too comfy to care. I understand why my mom used to wear these. If you too have these pants in your closet, you might be a suburban mom.

2. Starbucks

Just like the mom in the minivan stopping at Starbucks after dropping her kids off at school, you too have a low-key Starbucks addiction. Extra points if you have a little dog you get a Puppacino for in the drive-through.

3. Parenting your friends

You're the mom of the group. Phrases like "Have you been drinking enough water?" "You should go to bed earlier" escape your mouth daily.

4. Healthy after-school snacks

Celery and peanut butter? Yes. Hummus and carrot sticks? Gimme. If your daily snacks resemble what a mom would give to her kids before soccer practice, you might be a suburban mom at heart.

5. Hiding chocolate

You're most likely a suburban mom if you hide your chocolate from your roommates like a mom would hide it from her kids.

6. Wine. All the time.

It's always wine o'clock when you're a mom. (Yes, you can use being a suburban-mom-in-training as an excuse to day-drink wine).

7. Reality TV

The Bachelor, Keeping up with the Kardashians - reality TV is always background noise. Extra mom points if you leave reality TV on while you clean the house.

8. Barre, Hot Yoga, Pilates

Organized exercise - your idea of fun. You are definitely a suburban mom if you visit any of these places on the regular.

9. Vegan/Paleo diet

You have tried one of the "fad" diets. You're definitely a suburban mom if you've tried one of these diets even without any dietary restrictions or moral convictions.

10. Target

You can walk into Target for one thing, and leave two hours later with a new wardrobe, six candles, and more makeup than you would wear in three years. Oh wait, this one might be all of us.