10 Responses Single People Give When Asked About Valentine's Day Plans

992

This list is not coming from nowhere; believe me, I've made my share of excuses. At this point, Valentine's Day is just another day spent appreciating others, and I think that is wonderful. For all the single people out there, you know this question is always asked around this time of year and there are always different answers. Here's a compilation of a few answers I've heard (or given) to the question, "What are your plans for Valentine's Day?"

1. "I'm just spending the day loving myself."

When I first heard this answer, I was like, "Yes! You should be practicing self-love that day!" However, I've since changed my stance a little bit. We should be loving ourselves every day. Yet it offers us an extra excuse to love ourselves, so go for it!

2. "Nothing. The real holiday is Feb. 15, when all candy is on sale."

Honestly, I like the principle behind this one.

3. "Watching romantic movies and crying."

The brutally honest answers are my favorite. A good cry can be cleansing, and taking a day to let yourself be completely in touch with your feelings is not a bad idea.

4. "I'll be making jokes all day about how I'm single."

This one came from a conversation between myself and a good friend as we discussed this question. What better way is there to combat loneliness than making jokes?

5. "I'll be drinking wine."

Another one of my favorite responses.

6. "Is that Saturday or Sunday?"

The right way to approach Valentine's Day sometimes is to be completely unaware that it's happening.

7. *Laughs*

Some of my favorite people have responded this way. It's an lighthearted way to say, "You know the answer."

8. "I'll just be with friends."

This. This. Spending Valentine's Day with loved ones embodies (loosely) the whole point of the holiday. The day should be spent celebrating the love you have for yourself and others.

9. "The same thing I do every other day."

You do you, my friend. I will be with you on that one.

10. "Sleeping?"

It's not a bad day to catch up on sleep if you're not about the celebration part of it. A big part of loving yourself is making sure you have everything you need, so take the day to do whatever it is that you need to.