You need to have thick skin in this line of work.

Customer service: arguably the worst industry in terms of human interaction. From the Starbucks barista behind the counter, the helpline representative on the phone, to the Lowe's employee helping you find that wrench, it's just miserable across the board. Nobody actually likes working in customer service, even if they say they do. That B.S response of, "I just love working with others and helping people find solutions to their problems," is a complete and utter lie. Honestly, props to all of us who been through it all, because trust me, it's hard to motivate yourself to go to work each day. If you've worked in customer service, here are just a few struggles you can relate to...

1. That middle-aged mom who you know is gonna ask to speak to the manager

Pro tip: 9/10 times, these women will sport this haircut and/or will have names like Karen, Diane, Sharon, or Tammy. Beware.

2. Never knowing your work hours far enough in advance

Oh your friends want to take a road trip in two weekends? Too bad you don't know your work schedule that far out. Good luck asking off!

3. You have a hiding spot somewhere in the back away from coworkers & customers

Don't lie, on your second or third day you scouted a secret corner where no one can find you. Check your phone, take a breather, but whatever happens, don't get blow your cover!

4. When the customer thinks they know more than you

Oh, I'm sorry? I wasn't aware that you also worked here? Please don't tell me how to do MY job, thanks.

5. Entitled customers assuming they're better than you

Like, excuse me? Who do you think you are? I will not "fetch you" a new size or pickup that dirty napkin you just threw at me. We are human beings, just like you.

6. When the store closes at 10PM and someone walks in at 9:58PM

NOW? YOU PICK NOW TO COME IN?!

7. Customers who ask for a suggestion and they end up ordering something completely different

So you asked for my opinion because...?

8. Dealing with people who demand their money back AFTER they've finished consuming their food or drink

"I really just didn't like this". B*TCH YOU DRANK THE WHOLE THING THO.

9. You best be on time to your shift, or else

Working an office job? Showing up a few minutes late to your desk won't do much harm. But if you so much as clock in at 9:03 instead of 9:00, you best be prepared to face the wrath of Satan.

10. Being asked the most stupid, senseless questions

Does the sugar-free ice cream contain sugar? Will this 2 month old expired coupon still count? Do you guys sell _____ here?