10 Reasons You Need To Get To A Concert ASAP

Music is good for the soul

23

Music has one of the most powerful qualities, it allows for thousands and thousands of people to come together based on one common connection. Being a fan of a specific musician or band means that you obviously connect with their music, and that truly is a beautiful thing. Not only do you connect with these lyrics but so do thousands of other fans across the globe, now thats powerful.

But something that seems to be lacking is the drive or need to see a band in concert due to our instant ability to watch a Youtube video or stream their songs on Spotify. Spending money on concert tickets really is priceless, you are paying for an unforgettable experience and a moment in time where nothing else matters. Supporting live music is a movement and well worth any dollar spent.

1. Support Your Favorite Artists

Believe it or not your favorite band doesn't really make that much money. By going to a show and supporting their work of art that is a live performance you are showing them that all their hard work is really worth it. Ticket sales and merch sales while on tour is how artists make an income, due to the fact that no one purchases music anymore *cough cough Spotify.* So go support artists so they can keep making music!

2. See The Sweat

Music doesn’t come out of a machine or a search engine. People make music, and it takes a lot of energy. It is easy to forget how much work goes into that killer beat, riff, or catchy melody. Go to a show and get close enough to see the passion, energy, and yes, sweat, that goes into making music. You will definitely walk away with a deeper appreciation for what musicians do.

3. Feel an Organic Experience

Live music is an opportunity for both musicians and fans to engage in an intimate experience that is different everytime time. The music itself is a direct result of the mutual environment between the artists and their crowd and the energy they get to share.

4. Come together

Music is the only universal language. On a cultural level, it has the ability to captivate people unlike any other language. On a social level, it promotes bonding in an environment otherwise unattainable. Sharing the same love for a band allows fans who march to the beat of the same drum to become lifelong friends.

5. Yes, You can even feel a Natural High

Ok let me get all mad scientist on you for a second... music has a direct effect on our hormones and it can even be considered a natural antidepressant. This is because your reaction to certain songs can cause the release of serotonin and dopamine in the brain that lead to increased feelings of happiness and well-being.

6. Supports Local Businesses

In making the decision to see live music, we as fans are supporting both the local economy and, often times, local artists. Making the trip to a venue to see an artist or band play is telling that venue, and that artist, that you care about them and their quality music.

7. Unplug from your Device

Although it is becoming more and more common for audiences to watch performances through their smartphone cameras, attending a live music event is actually a great opportunity to unplug from your devices and enjoy the present moment. There is so much to see, hear, and feel at a concert, so don’t spend your time glued to a screen.

8. Live in the Moment

The memories created at a concert last forever, they are unlike any other memories and are completely unique. There is nothing more incredible than being surrounded by your favorite artists and thousands of other fans like you.

9. Music Education Blossoms

The fact that it is 2017 and we are still dealing with music and art programs being cut out of schools is ridiculous. But by taking your younger siblings or cousins to see a live show you are giving them exposure that they unfortunately won't be able to get in school.

10. Future Musicians are Born

Music has the ability to inspire people of all ages. A young fan or an old one can feel inspiration from their musical influences. More and more fans are becoming more interested in creating music solely because of the positive impact that their favorite artists have made on their lives.

Live music is a craft, and by living through our internet we are missing out on true work of art. At it’s core, the energy of a live show needs to be felt. Bands and artists pour all of their hearts and power into their live performances, and while the crowd is feeding off of that energy, the band is feeding off of the crowd’s.

If I could give any advice at all it is to buy a ticket and go support live music. Go to a local venue near you and see a show even if you have no clue who the band is. The experience will be priceless.