10 Reasons Why You Should Watch Jane the Virgin

#RogelioMyBrogelio

31

"Jane the Virgin" is an incredibly clever and funny show on the CW. It's a loving parody of telenovelas — Gina Rodriguez even won a Golden Globe for her role as the title character. But that's not the only reason you should watch it — far from it! Check out our top 10 reasons why you should be watching "Jane the Virgin."

1. The narrator

He's charming, hilarious and snarky with an incredible voice to boot. What's not to love?

2. The graceful way the show handles religion

Jane and her abuela Alba are devout Catholics, and the show respects their faith while acknowledging some of the absurdities that come with living in Christian culture. All around, it's one of the most sophisticated ways we've seen religion handled on TV other than "Community."

3. The heartfelt moments

Where this show really shines is in its balance of humor, drama and pathos. This show will tug on your heartstrings and you'll love every minute of it.

4. Rogelio

Jane's father is perhaps the consistently funniest character on the show. #RogelioMyBrogelio

5. Alba

Alba, Jane's abuela, is a strong presence in her life. She's kind, wise and loving, but she's not without her faults, and the show is very forgiving of her. I dare you not to love her.

6. The charming Imagine Spots

Anyone with an active imagination can appreciate Jane's. Her mind wanders, filled with stories, and we get to see some of them play out onscreen.

7. The incredibly catchy score

Try not to dance to this. Go ahead. We'll wait.

8. Possibly the best-handled love triangle quadangle on TV

If you're at all familiar with the show, then my our shipping bias is likely pretty clear to you at this point. Nevertheless, the romantic relationships in the show are engaging and exciting, and they rarely if ever fall prey to the pitfalls of much TV romance writing.

9. The heartwarming relationship between Jane, Xiomara and Alba

These ladies love each other, and that love is a major focus of the show. Three generations of Villanueva women live under the same roof, supporting and encouraging each other to live good lives and to follow their dreams. 10/10, would recommend.

10. The cliffhangers

Of course, what would a telenovela be without the occasional gripping cliffhanger? We love them — we hate them — we can't be without them!
"Jane the Virgin" will keep you on your toes in all the best ways.

Which of your favorite shows do you feel deserves more love?