10 Reasons Why We Should All Strive To Be Leslie Knope

"I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself." -- Leslie Knope

62

"We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third." -- Leslie Knope

In the NBC comedy "Parks and Recreation," the main character and protagonist Leslie Knope is truly one powerful and passionate woman everyone should strive to be each and every day. Through her hard work, positive outlook on life, and powerful passion to lead Leslie Knope may be a fictional character, but she is certainly one that gives some incredible advice to look into and apply to our own personal lives.

1. She Can Turn Any Negative/Bad Situation Into Something Awesome.

Even when you feel like you're at your lowest point in life (maybe even at a bottom of a pit perhaps) always look at the positives in life. Be grateful for what you have an don't dwell on the things that really don't matter. Be that bubbly positive Leslie Knope and make something awesome happen.

2. She's Not Afraid To Be Herself

Don't be afraid to be yourself...unless you can be like Leslie Knope, then definitely be like Leslie Knope. Leslie isn't afraid to admit that she isn't liked by everyone, but her personality is liked by the people that actually matter. She's not afraid to stick her head out every once in a while and step away from the norm. She knows who she is and isn't afraid to show it which is what is most important in life.

2. She's Honest

Be like Leslie and accept the fact that you may not know everything. Sometimes what's important is to not only be honest with other people, but always make sure you are truly being honest with yourself. Admit your faults and move on towards your goal.

3. She Channels Her Inner Beauty

Be the goddess you know you are both inside and out. Leslie is proud and passionate about who she is inside. Although she gets discouraged and frustrated about working in an environment mainly ran by males she still strives for greatness. Always be genuine and confident about who you are and channel that inner beauty you have inside to accomplish great things.

4. She Admits Her Faults

Just like Leslie, don't be afraid to admit that sometimes you're not perfect. Although she strives to do it all, Leslie realizes that she is not invincible. Admit it, there are some things you struggle with, sometimes you're hurting, and sometimes life just sucks. But just like the lovely Leslie Knope, make sure you always smile through the pain.

5. She Knows What's Important in Life

Always remember what matters most in life. Focus on the people and the ever-lasting friendships that you never want to lose and always stick to your own personal code.

6. She's Passionate

Always love the ones you're with. Treasure the moments and memories you make with the people around you each and every day. Strive to find that Ben Wyatt that completes you and don't stop looking until you find the perfect person. Put passion into your everyday activities and never settle for mediocrity.

7. She's A Self-Motivator

Sometimes the best person to tell you to keep going is yourself. Keep a positive outlook on life and motivate yourself to accomplish anything and everything. Sometimes a little self-love doesn't hurt as well. Love yourself and stay motivated and then you too can be just as awesome as Leslie Knope.

8. She Doesn't Let Stereotypes Define Her

Don't be afraid to fight the norm. Show people what you're made of and demolish some stereotypes along the way. Whether it's in your club/organization, your workplace, or your every day life, fight to be different and show the world that everyone isn't a basic cookie-cutter or stereotyped representation of everyone else.

9. She Can Let Loose and Have a Little Fun

Even with her chaotic schedule and millions of tasks Leslie Knope still knows how to lay back and have fun. Remember to let loose every once in a while and take a break from the stressful everyday activities that consume your life. Have fun but stay classy while doing so.

10. She Cherishes Every Moment She Has

And in the end don't let time pass you by. Cherish the moments, the memories, and everything that makes life absolutely perfect. Don't get caught up in your work or lifestyle, because in the end what will matter most is the endless memories not the money.

We need more Leslie Knopes in this world.

She may just be a fun fictional character, but in reality everyone should take a little simple advice from the wonderful Leslie Knope. Realize that with a little hard work and dedication anything is possible and most importantly, life can be absolutely awesome.