10 Reasons Why Older Brothers Are The Best

“Because I have a brother, I will always have a friend”

704

A big thank you goes out to all those older brothers out there who put up with their younger siblings on a daily basis. You guys are the best, and we thank you for all you do for us.

1.They always have your back

If anyone ever hurts me or breaks my heart, my brothers are the first ones called because I know they will always protect me and be there for me.

2.They double as a friend

Yes, they are my big brothers but they also double as an amazing friend because no matter how much you fight, your brothers will always be your friend.

3.They correct you when you are wrong

I can always count on them to correct me when I’m wrong, and then to never let me live it down. lol

4.They made growing up fun…sometimes painful

Without my brothers growing up would not have been as fun as it was. Yes, we would all fight, scream, and cry sometimes but when we weren’t fighting we were making some amazing memories and those are the times I will never forget.

5.They tell it like it is

No matter what I can always count on my brothers being honest with me. Whether it’s them making fun of what I’m wearing, or telling me I’m stupid for chasing a boy they know is bad for me. I may not always like what they have to say, but at least I know it’s the truth.

6.They put up with your nonsense

It's not easy having a little sister. We're annoying, needy and well, a little sister. Through all of our bratty and crazy stages, brothers still do all that they can for us. From driving us around, and getting us out of trouble, older brothers are the absolute best. They have shaped us into who we are today, and even though it was tough being ignored or teased, we wouldn't trade them in for the world.

7.They are always your biggest fans

Thank you for sitting through all my long days of cheerleading competitions or softball tournaments. I know they were hot, and long so they weren’t always fun. But I want you to know that it made me so happy when I would look in the stands and I see my brothers there. So thank you!

8.They know you better than anyone else

They have been in my life since I was born, so sometimes I think they know me better than I know myself. lol

9.They taught me how to defend myself

Growing up with brothers, made me learn how to defend myself. Yes, I may act like a princess sometimes but believe me I can put someone in a headlock and have their hands behind their back quicker than you could yell help! Lol

10.They will always love you

But no matter how needy of a little sister I’ve been, or how much we fight I know they will always love me and I will always love them.

A big thank you to my two big brothers for being the best siblings I could ask for. I love you both so much!

Love,

your little sister.