10 Reasons Why Introverts Are Awesome

10 Reasons Why Introverts Are Awesome

Because silence has its perks.

2118
10 Reasons Why Introverts Are Awesome
BuzzFeed

Growing up as an introvert was difficult, it became very tiring trying to explain to people that I was not talking not because I was shy or afraid, but simply because I did not want to. I was never fearful or anxious of unknown surroundings, I just took time to analyze things. With time, my love-hate relationship with being introverted changed as I knew I had to discover more about myself and use my strength to its best advantage. And the discovery was that introverts are awesome.

Here are 10 reasons why.

1. They are great with intimate communication

Introverts are very deep people and enjoy deep interactions with a smaller crowd. If an introvert is interested in you, you will get to see the very core of their soul.

2. They are sensitive and thoughtful

If you know anyone who is an introvert, you will know that they think a lot before they speak. Introverts tend to analyze the situation in which they are talking and think of how other people might feel or respond to their remark. They are very empathetic and are sensitive to other people's emotions.

3. They will to listen to you

Introverts listen more than they speak, and in doing so, they not only hear you, but take in every bit of information you tell them. Introverts are also considerate of other people's vulnerabilities and would never put you in any situation they would not want to be in, which makes them great confidants.

4. They love deep conversations that last for hours

Introverts detest small talk. Instead, they prefer long conversations about values and the world which enable them to create deep connections.

5. They make genuine compliments

Introverts are less impulsive and tend to think things through before saying them, especially when it comes to giving out compliments. Their compliments go deeper than saying that they like your shoes — they make sincere compliments after careful consideration.

6. They are comfortable with being completely alone

In contrast to normal human behavior, introverts like being alone, and need solitude to recharge themselves. Be it spending a weekend in, or taking time off from family and friends, introverts use this time to relax and unwind.

7. They can't fake anything

Befriending an introvert will mean that you will always get real and unbiased opinions and responses. Introverts like being low key and real, they are not trying to sell themselves or be on someone's good books, hence everything that they do or sat is authentic and comes from their jurisdiction and is not diplomatic.

8. They have multiple layers to their personality

Introverts are very mysterious — they take time to open up to people and in doing that, they unearth facets of their personalities that are seldom known to people. Introverts use secrecy to hide their vulnerabilities, and like to keep it that way, keeping the air of mystery throughout.

9. They are extremely observant of their surroundings

This trait makes introverts great judges of character. Introverts do not tend to respond unless they are completely aware of their surroundings, be it in having a dinner conversation or talking to people in parties. They observe people, their behaviors and responses before taking the next step.

10. They are very creative and never get bored

Introverts find great pleasure in learning more and increasing the depth of their knowledge. They like being left alone to channel all their energy into whatever they are doing, and can go for hours with unflinching attention. Introverts spend time crafting their skills and trying to learn new ones.