10 Reasons Why Fall Is My Favorite Season

Who's with me?

602
Unsplash

Fall is in the air and I don't know about you, but I couldn't be happier. Summer is coming to a close, department stores are in gear for back to school shopping, and although the sun is still hot, the air is getting a cool breeze as it blows through the night. As the days start to become shorter, and the nights begin to get longer. I can't help but think of reasons why fall is the best season.

1. Friday Night Lights

As the season of fall rolls around, so does Friday night football. As the sun goes down and the stadium lights are lit, schools come together as one to focus on their football teams once a week. Friday nights are indeed for football, school spirit, and of course, bundling up with your friends to cheer on your favorite team!

2. Trips to the Apple Farm

Trips to the apple farm are a must in the season of fall. Whether it is with family or friends, no matter what age you are, you will enjoy your trip to the farm. With hayrides to each portion of the farm, pictures taken behind wooden artwork with the faces cut out, and don't forget the home made apple cider donuts, your day is bound to be filled with joy. When the weather is nice, be sure to gather up a group of friends and/or family, take a trip to your local apple farm and enjoy the day together before it gets too cold!

3. Leaves Changing Color

You know fall is upon us when you're driving the highway and notice that the leaves are changing from green to yellow, red, and orange. Nothing makes a long drive on back roads more enjoyable then windows down, the cool fall breeze coming in, and glancing at the pretty colors of leaves as they fall off the trees.

4. Start to a New School Year

As September rolls around, department stores begin their back to school sales, school supplies are in every store, and kids of all ages are finishing up last minute book reports and AP work. Students look at fall as the start to a new school year, although some anxiety comes with this, excitement is in the air as the first day rolls around.

5. Pumpkin Spice... EVERYTHING

All I have to say is Dunkins is making some serious money once Pumpkin Spice is back on the menu... Personally, I am not a huge fan of Pumpkin Spice, but the iced apple cider from Dunkins is a favorite of mine.

6. Hoodie Season!!!

As the sun goes down and the cool breeze sets in, nothing feels better than throwing on a hooded sweatshirt and sitting around a fire. The weather isn't too hot or too cold. You don't need to worry about wearing a heavy jacket, walking inside somewhere, and beginning to swear profusely like you would in the winter time. Fall air is the best air because all you need is a light hoodie!

7. Annual Fairs/ Haunted Hay Rides

Annual Fairs are something that I have looked forward to since I was a kid. Walking through vendor lines, eating fried dough, taking pictures holding baby chicks, and of course riding the Ferris wheel are just some things that I look forward to when the fair season comes along.

Once October rolls around, gather a group of friends together for a night filled with adventure and spooks! If you're the type who enjoys a thrill, a haunted hay ride is for you. It's dark and chilly outside and you have no idea what will pop out at you next. This is an activity that will get you ready for reason number 8!

8. Halloween

Happy October 31st!!! If you love fall as much as I do, I bet you've been planning your Halloween costume(s) since last Halloween! No matter how old you are, the kid inside will always look forward to eating lots of candy, whether it be sitting on your couch watching scary movies all night, or after a full night of trick or treating!

9. Thanksgiving Day

There is so much to love about Thanksgiving... Pep Rally, football, family, friends, food, and of course the nap you take once the food is consumed. Thanksgiving is the perfect Holiday because it is focused mainly on family, friends, and being thankful for all that you have. As this day rolls around, high schools prepare by having spirit weeks and pep rallies, families begin to prepare for the dinner, and shop-a-holics start saving up for Black Friday Shopping!

10. It is Preparation for the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

As fall comes to a close, the weather gets colder and the spirits get jollier. It is a time to spend time with family and friends and enjoy each other's company. Once the month of November ends and December rolls around, I am the happiest I can be!

There are many reasons as to why fall is my favorite season. So next time you are upset that the summer sun is going away, just think about all the great things there are to love about fall! Let's start with being thankful for family, friends, and of course, those apple cider donuts!