10 Reasons To Love Christmas

10 Reasons To Love Christmas

Baby it's cold outside.

12
10 Reasons To Love Christmas
MMM

Winter can be drab, but the month of December is definitely something special. It's filled with so many beautiful moments in life. From the snow wafting through the sky to the lights dancing in the dark, Christmas time is magical. Children wait in their beds listening for reindeer's hooves on the roof and faith runs in the air like blood through our veins. I will never forget going to Grandma's house after mass on Christmas eve and eating more cookies than a child should. Going to bed was always (and if I'm being honest, still is) so magical and enchanting as I waited for Santa Claus to make his astounding journey around the world. Here are 10 reasons to love Christmas (as if you don't already):

1. It's Jesus' Birthday!

I know that it's easy to get ~wrapped up~ in the presents, but let's not forget about the most important thing: His presence. Jesus is the reason for the season! Let's celebrate.

2. Fa La La La's

Between carolers and Christmas music on almost every radio station, we all love a good Christmas song; it just makes for a better holiday.

3. Baking & Sweets

Candy canes, hot chocolate, and grandma's homemade cookies...what could be better?

4. Family Time

It's the time of the year to truly spend some quality time with your family. Maybe you fly somewhere cool, or maybe that member that you never see finally gets to visit you. However it's spent, as long as it's with family, it's a lovely time.

5. Christmas Break

Whether it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks (darn college kids), we all love a good break. It's time to collect ourselves and de-stress.

6. Snow

Some people hate it, but snow can be so wonderful. It gets us out of school, makes the world look beautiful, and is super fun for sledding in and building snowmen.

Let it snow!

7. Decorating & Lights

"So merry and bright!" This is the most fun part of Christmas. Decorating the house with wreathes, lights, and nutcrackers makes for such a merry mood.

8. The Hallmark Channel

The guys will deny it, but we all love a good sappy Christmas movie. Hallmark's endless x-mas movies will never get old.

9. Christmas Trees

The beauty of a Christmas tree wrapped in it's strands of lights and sparkling with ornaments will never cease to fill the house with magic and wonder.

10. Ugly Sweaters

It's that time of the year. Pulling out the cheesiest and ugliest sweater you have is totally acceptable and let's be honest, we all like to party in a big comfy sweater.