10 Reasons German Shepherds Are The Best Dog

Forget the diamonds, I will take a German Shepherd!

223
Personal Photo

Dogs really do make great best friends! I am a huge dog lover, but one breed has won my heart over, and that would be German Shepherds! I own a German Shepherd and can say that they honestly are the best dog. Here are 10 reasons why German Shepherds are the best dog:

1. They are very smart. After all, most of the police dogs are German Shepherds!

2. Energetic and playful. German Shepherd puppies can be very energetic and playful, and I can say from personal experience that they do not outgrow this energy or the urge of wanting to play when they get older!

3. Protective. No matter what the situation is, you can always count on a German Shepherd being there to protect you.

4. Different variety. Many breeds of dogs come in one or two simple colors, but German Shepherds are so diverse in colors and looks!

5. Big litters. Ever wonder why people own more than just one German Shepherd? Well they have litters anywhere from 8-12 puppies!

6. Very Loyal. German Shepherds are the one breed that comes to mind when I hear the word loyal, and they will always be loyal to you if you own one!

7. Long life span. German Shepherds typically live anywhere from 10-12 years. Their gray and white makes you love them even more!

8. Healthy dogs. If exercised properly, and fed correctly, they can be very healthy dogs.

9. Hard working. Aside from being police dogs, German Shepherds are great for herding on the farm!

10. Loving. German Shepherds are so loving and will always show how much they love you!

There you have it, 10 reasons why German Shepherds are the best dog breed out there! If you ever second guess yourself on getting one, don't! You will not regret it, I promise!