The TV show, Empire, was a surprise hit last year. It was a mid-season filler show, that was only supposed to be twelve episodes. What was created, however, was TV magic. The first episode premiered with 10 million viewers, and with each episode Empire gained more and more viewers. And by the season one finale, Empire brought in 17 million viewers. The second season premiere, that is just airing now on Fox, aired to a 16.9 million viewers. So why is everyone so obsessed with empire?
1. Cookie Lyon is one of the best characters on TV. With her one liners, and crazy antics EVERYONE loves Cookie.
2. One of the best one liners Cookie says is "Hey Boo Boo Kitty". I say this all the time, and I have no shame.
3. Cookie's outfits on the show are outrageous. Red Leather jumpsuit? Yup, Cookie wore it. She can pull off just about anything.
4. Jamal Lyon's voice from the angels. I could listen to any song he sings; it is musical gold.
5. Jamal and Hakeem collaborations are the best songs in the whole show. This song has been stuck in my head for a year!
6. THE WHOLE ENTIRE FIRST SEASON'S ALBUM IS SO GOOD. I mean, I personally listen to it when I am doing homework.
7. Yes, everything that happens in this show would never happen in real life. But, isn't that just another reason to love it?
8.Cookie and Luscious have great chemistry on screen. The best scenes in the show are when they're fighting with each other!
Fun Fact: They starred in a movie together called Hustle and Flow, also about the music business.
9. The celebrity guest stars on the show are insane. Everyone from Jennifer Hudson, Estelle, Ptibull, Becky G, Kelly Rolland to Chris Rock - all want to be a part of the empire.
10. By watching this show, you feel like you are a part of the crazy Lyon family.
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE