10 Reasons Why I Begin My Day With Yoga And Meditation
popular

1618
The Green Tribe

While I may have already given you the run down on my morning methods, I wanted to go further into detail on the part about stretching (yoga) and meditation. Sometimes it is hard to get into these two — especially mediation — when it feels silly to expect results from simply stretching and breathing in a little deeper. Therefore, I just wanted to take the time to go into why these are such great things to have until your belt in the morning and how exactly they can improve your day.

1. Alrighty! So, for starters, mediation is huge in terms of functionality. One big impact that mediation has had in my life is that way it has improved my ability to concentrate.
  2. When you meditate, your ability to concentrate goes through the roof. It’s like adderall, but like, legal and way safer lol. Okay, jokes aside? Meditation is actually proven to improve focus, and while it may take one or two times to get the hang of it, once you start to feel comfortable letting go and focusing on your breath, you’ll start to see focus improve in a lot of other areas in your life as well.
  3. Positivity. This is a big one for me. After meditation, I am without fail less stressed and less worried. It’s not like mediation makes your problems go away, but more importantly, allows you to see the world differently and helps you attack your challenges in a more rational, less stressful manner.
  4. Scientifically? Health is a biggie. Your body not only feels better after yoga and meditation, but you are constantly healing yourself every time you partake in one of these acts. A long-spent dedication to either practice can both increase length and quality of life, but also reduce risk for a number of health issues.
  5. As a college student, one benefit of yoga and meditation that really resonates with me is its impact on my decision making. After mediation, I always have a clearer mindset, not only reducing stress but allowing me to better visualize how I want my future to be. Mediation stresses living in the present, but also opens the channels of the mind to creativity and planning, allowing for one to be more ready and driven to plan for future success.
  6. Moreover, if one is active enough with these practices, they are likely to see even an improvement in their relationships. How? Well, meditation, more than just improving your physical health, does a great deal for the mind as well. One tends to get less affected by arguments or issues in their lives or relationships and will find it easier to come to terms with an issue or work with someone they originally had some sort of disagreement with. Your perspective changes, and in a sense, mediation, and the realizations that follow, actually help you become more mature. We practice yoga and meditation not to get better at the two, but really, to get better at life.
  7. One thing that I’ve definitely seen an improvement in since I began meditation, and that I believe relates to its ability to improve focus, is a great improvement in memory. Meditation has been proven to help with not only concentration and relaxation, but helping you remember things in your day to day life.
  8. As a student, mediation is actually incredibly useful. More than memory, more than calm, mediation actually helps to improve learning. What does this mean? Along with a greater focus, greater retention, and most likely greater motivation, mediation actually makes learning more enjoyable, and truly, easier.
  9. One of the most important benefits that I seek from meditation and yoga is self-awareness. Since I began to mediate, I’ve seen my growth as an individual, and for ever person I know who also takes part in these practices, I know for a fact that they’ve also seen similar changes. Mediation reminds us that there is always room for growth, and with every practice, we understand more deeply in which direction it is that we want to bloom.
  10. Finally, in connection with self-awareness, I believe that one of the most beautiful benefits of meditation is ones ability to look at life through a more conscious, and peaceful lens. After meditating, after yoga, we seem to care more — about everything; about others, about our own life, even just about the world around us. Mediation truly allows us to view the world in a different light, and with this gift, we can go through life happier, more able to deal with issues that now seem less stressful, and more determined to live life to the fullest, improving both our life and that of others as much as God, the Universe - the world allows us.

Overall — meditation and yoga = productivity, success, and a greater life satisfaction (or in simpler terms: happiness). I know all of these benefits seem hard to believe if you’ve never partaken in either practice, or even if you have, but for a short period of time. For this, I encourage you to simply try. Even ten minutes a day — which I know you have. Do it. I urge you. You’ll start to see your happiness and motivation skyrocket - just give it a couple weeks. If there’s anything I can do to support your journey, please do not hesitate to reach out. At the end of this article, I have included a couple links including some more detailed benefits of both practices and well as a couple apps you can use to get started. Wishing you the absolute best on your journey.

The light in me, honors the light in you.

Namaste.

Meditation and Mindfulness Made Simple - Headspace
Live a happier, healthier life with just a few minutes of meditation a day on the Headspace app.www.headspace.com

Insight Timer Meditation Timer
Home to more than 3,600,000 meditators, Insight Timer is rated as the top free meditation app on the Android and iOS…insighttimer.com

50 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Yoga and Meditation - Yoga Blog | Fitness, Health and Wellness…
Yoga and meditation can be used as a healthcare tool for healthy living. You have heard that yoga meditation is helpful…www.yogadownload.com

15 Surprising Benefits of Yoga | Organic Facts
The health benefits of yoga include control of diabetes, control of hypertension, a stronger heart, reduced back pain…www.organicfacts.net