Childhood Pop Punk Anthems

10 Childhood Pop-Punk Anthems To Put On Repeat When You Need All The Feels

9. 1985 - Bowling For Soup

29
Rockstar

Many of us growing up were in an array of fascinating pop-punk music. Why was it called this? Well, it was hard to label it as a specifically punk rock, but it wasn't simply pop music either. In this, a completely new era of music was born. I guess you could say it would "rock" some socks off. This is a list of 10 Pop punk anthems that have taken hold of many fans' lives!

10. Teenagers - My Chemical Romance

If you're like me and you grew up listening to My Chemical Romance, then this may come as no surprise to you. Growing up I always dreamed of what it'd be like to become a Teenager. I also found it so funny that the main idea that you'd see often influenced was that Teenagers were crazy and out of control. whoever thought we'd eventually reach this point ourselves?!

9. 1985 - Bowling For Soup

To go back to the 80's... Back when there was U2 and Blondie, and music still on MTV. Of course many of us never actually got to grow up back then. but the music still gives us that same feeling.

8. Misery Business - Paramore

We all have met the one person we wish we could have but then Ms./Mr. Perfect steps in and ruins everything. Hear this song was like an official Forget You and made useful that with a little confidence maybe we could rise above because even the most perfect person can fail to be what they pretend to.

7. I'm Just A Kid - Simple Plan

What kid really wants to be reminded that just because they're a kid it's as if they have no say in what goes on around them. you feel too young to be a part of anything enjoyable but you're still old enough to deal with the same daily struggles. We may miss those days now but man did we hate them back then.

6. American Idiot - Green Day

Grant it growing up, very little did we know about politics, but it as very easy to see that man of the icons around us were letting the media and its twisted views control them and their outlook. Maybe not making everyone an idiot per say but it sure felt close enough. Plus who doesn't love going crazy for some Green Day?!?!

5. In Too Deep - Sum 41

We're getting halfway through the list. Are these Pop-Punk Powerhouses puling you in? In... Too Deep? Whether it was a day at the park, watching a good movie at home, or even just flipping through our old walkman's and MP3 players. we could all tell we were in for a fun time whenever this song came on.

4. You're Gonna Go Far Kid - The Offspring

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that everyone wants at least a little bit of success. We all want to be the one that makes it. This song while being popular embraces the fact that in our lives we are going to have many struggles. Especially considering how this brings out that most people will probably end up lying their way to the top. Especially in a Government typesetting. It's funny how something so satirical can be proved to be so true as well.

3. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

It's funny looking at most of these songs, some would call them Emo Anthems. I guess this one is special being known as "The Anthem." This song highly emphasized the fact that many older ones see kids who act different and want them to follow a different path, all because that isn't the way they live life. Even if this lifestyle isn't so bad! Guess it's safe to say no one wants to be "Another loser anthem"

2. I Write Sins Not Tragedies! - Panic! At The Disco

Being 18 now and graduated high school. It still bothers me that my parents don't know how to 'close the door. I mean it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality." All jokes aside Before Panic! became a One man ban surrounding Brendon Urie this was the hit among hits for Pop-Punk music.

1. Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Who knew one simple G note on the piano could bring attention to millions of fans? Welcome To The Black Parade was the one song that if you were into even just punk music at all, Chances are you'd know it. Grant it My Chemical Romance appears twice on this list at both top and bottom. But this mainly being because of how iconic their music was leaving a huge mark on the music industry.