10 Places You HAVE To Visit In San Diego

There's a reason why this is one of the top touring locations.

277
Meaghan Nunley Photography

I live fairly close to San Diego and I love going downtown to explore new places. San Diego has the most beautiful destinations in Southern California, in my opinion, and attracts many tourists. It is famous for amazing sites, such as the USS Midway, Balboa Park, and even the San Diego Zoo. Here are the top 10 places to see in San Diego, California.

1. Torrey Pines State Beach

This is one of my absolute favorite places to visit and I never leave the San Diego area without taking in this amazing view. The hike is also refreshing and the cliff is the best spot for taking amazing, breathtaking photos.

2. Mission Bay Beach

I have only been to this beach once, but it is such a beautiful location. I went during spring break and it is the ultimate spot for college students to have their beach barbecues, tanning sessions, and even a good place to chill in the water. The area is beautiful and there are many little shops around as well. A great place for family fun too!

3. Little Italy

This is my favorite place to roam in San Diego and they have the best ravioli in this area. This place definitely reflects the Italian vibes intended for travelers stopping by.

4. Balboa Park

This park is just another gem in San Diego I recently visited for the first time. It is surrounded by amazing museums like Museum of Art, Museum of Photographic Art, Museum of Man, and many more. This is the ideal place for any photo shoot and I saw a ton of photographers doing wedding shoots here.

5. USS Midway Museum

For those who love military museums, this is a neat Navy Museum to see. There are some great reads and really neat items used on this ship displayed throughout the museum. I loved walking down the corridors and it was fun imagining being a crew member.

6. Gaslamp Quarter

This area is more so for those who are above 21 years old and if you love the city nightlife. There are many different bars and clubs on this strip and it's really neat seeing the types of bars and clubs that surround this city, such as country themed, electronic DJ club theme, basic pubs, etc. There are cute ice cream shops in this area as well if you aren't a fan of the club life! It is fun walking in this area at night to experience the fun vibes that circle the blocks.

7. Del Mar Fairgrounds

This is a lively place for families or cute couples who just want to have simple fun. This place is amazing during the San Diego County Fair and there are many vendors, food stands, games, and little rides. I personally think this is more fun at night because everything lights up and it's just so glorious and picturesque.

8. Carlsbad Flower Fields

I have not seen these fields in person yet, but it is next on my bucket list when they are in bloom. I have heard so many great things about this place and it is a great place to do some colorful photography as well. Very Beautiful!

9. San Diego Zoo

This is one of the most talked about zoos so far and they have great exhibits. They have a large variety of animals and shows, as well as a safari to see African animals such as Rhinos, Tigers, Lions, Cheetahs, and so much more!

10. Better Buzz Coffee

Last but not least, my absolute favorite coffee shops in Southern California. They have a menu with a large variety of coffee choices and healthy food options as well. Their cafes have such a rustic, happy feeling that I fell in love with the urban decor. I definitely recommend!

These are just a few of many places to see in San Diego. I honestly think it's almost impossible to make a complete list of things to do and see here. It is just one of those locations where you have to explore for yourself because everything is so unexpected and you'll see so many great things on each corner in the city. There are so many beaches to visit, restaurants to try, coffee places to drink at, and so much more.