The 10 People You Meet In Class

The 10 People You Meet In Class

You won't remember most of them by their actual names anyway.

3
The 10 People You Meet In Class

People can be great. People can be terrible. Going to college basically means seeing people all the time; the good, the bad, and the plain weird. Because you basically run your own schedule, you can usually choose who you spend your time with outside of class; but for the time you spend in lecture halls, discussion sections, labs, and overcrowded review sessions, the people you are forced to associate with may not be your favorites. Here's 10 people you are bound to meet while trying to get through class without dozing off.

1. The frat pledge

Wondering why it reeks of alcohol in your 9 a.m. lecture? Oh, right, he's sitting behind you. Push his pin just to see what happens, but chances are, he won't be in class a lot of the time. He's most likely running errands for the brothers or trying to sleep off his hangover. Let's hope he can make it to the final.

2. The pretentious jerk

They know everything. They are always right. They never let the class forget it. This person will have a comment for everything, answer every question (even the rhetorical ones), and will most likely brag excessively about their three month trip to China with their young politicians group, as well as their current internship. All of this makes you wonder why they're in your GE English class.

3. The one who is too attractive to talk to

Let's be honest, this person is why you go to class. They are too perfect to even be real. Thank god you have someone to stare at that isn't your sweaty professor. But to actually introduce yourself to them? Please.

4. The cheerleader

Who knew anthropology could be so exciting? THIS PERSON. They go to every possible office hours session and are determined to be best friends with the professor, GSI, and everyone else in the class. They just LOVE this class, they find it so INTERESTING, and the class finds them obnoxious.

5. The one from another planet

Probably wearing a tail or a necklace with a fossilized grasshopper that you're just praying isn't real, this person is bound to make strange comments once in a blue moon. Their presence is definitely entertaining, but maybe not in a good way. You have a weird feeling they might murder you in your sleep if you ever said something they didn't like.

6. The moocher

The sad thing is you probably were friends with this person at the beginning of the semester. They were so nice and always wanted to study together! Then it turned into "Hey, I missed lecture, could I steal your notes just for the weekend?" and "Did you do the homework? I'm so lost, could I see your answers?" and sooner or later, you aren't friends, you're just their personal assignment machine. Oh well, you'll laugh when you ace the final and they're still reading over your notes.

7. The secret genius

You've probably never even heard this person speak, but they somehow outscore even the pretentious jerk on every midterm, and that one time you were in the same study group, they knew literally everything. You wish you had known them earlier in the semester, but of course, you only learn of their genius two days before the final.

8. The mystery

There is always one person you've never laid eyes on until the final. Who are they? Where did they come from? How did they take this class without ever physically being there? Kind of impressive, kind of annoying, 100 percent confusing.

9. The old guy

You always forget that college classes are pretty much open to anyone that enrolls in them (especially in public schools), so when a guy with a white beard walks in, and he isn't the one teaching, it can be a little off-putting. This guy will most likely be an overflowing fountain of wisdom, but he'll also probably ask embarrassingly easy questions about technology. You both have wisdom to impart.

10. The friend

There has to be a person that you can talk to about all these other people, right?