10 Olivia Pope Quotes to Live By

Every Scandal fan comes to the same conclusion during their journey through the series: We should be more like Olivia Pope. She is quick on her feet, is sought after by high-profile politicians (both romantically and professionally), is impeccably dressed, and is always one step ahead. After spending all of winter break binge watching all 4 seasons of Scandal, this is what I've learned from Miss Pope.

1.     Anything can be handled   

No matter how dire your situation looks, there is always a way to fix it.

Pope quote: "It's handled." "I'll handle it."

2.      Sometimes, all you need to do is trust your instincts. 

Follow your gut feeling about things.

Pope quote: "My gut tells me everything I need to know." 

3.      Know your worth

Never let anyone take you for granted. 

Pope quote: "I am not the girl the guy gets at the end of the movie. I am not a fantasy. If you want me, earn me." "You can't afford me."

4.      Popcorn and wine makes for a great dinner

After all, wine is basically a food group.

Pope quote: "Dinner is popcorn. Lucky for you, I just opened a bottle of Bordeaux that'll bring tears to your eyes." "I also brought wine, but that's for me. I'm drinking the whole bottle."

5. Always wear your white hat

Strive to do good for those around you.

Pope quote: "White hats people!" "My white hat is bigger than your white hat."

6.      There are always options

Even when it seems as though all hope is gone, you can find cards left to play.

Pope quote: "I'm never out of options." "This is me doing what I do best. I’m handling this. I’m fixing this. I have been over every option."

7.      Confidence is everything

Believing in yourself can be your first step in succeeding.

Pope quote: "I am very good at what I do. I am better at it than anyone else. And that is not arrogance, that is a fact."

8.  The best love is not mediocre

Even if that love is with the POTUS.

Pope quote: "I want life-changing, extraordinary love."

9.  Keep yourself busy

Sometimes distractions are a necessity. 

Pope quote: "Work helps. So does exercise. Stuff that numbs you, keeps you from thinking too much."

10.  You have to try

In order to get what you want, you have to be willing to put yourself out there.

Pope quote: "If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work, but you have to try, because if you try, if you leap and you try, and it doesn’t work out, it’s not on you.”