10 Of The Best Movies On Netflix Right Now

If you haven't seen them, now is your chance.

6
Photo by David Balev on Unsplash

If you're ever scrolling through hundreds of movie titles on Netflix and you just can't bring yourself to pick one, try any of these titles if you're looking for a narrowed down list.

Silence of the Lambs

This old classic is currently trending on Netflix and there's a reason for it. If you want to get in the Halloween mood but you're not necessarily a scary movie person, this is the film for you. It's suspenseful, but won't leave you lying awake at night wondering if there's a monster in your closet.

Double Jeopardy

To start off, the law term "Double Jeopardy" means that no person can be prosecuted for the same exact offense twice. So you already know that this crime-drama is going to be interesting. A woman is arrested for killing her husband, but while serving time, she finds out that he is alive and had faked his death. What will she do when she's finally free? That's for you to find out.

Burlesque

This has been the top pick for every girl's night I've been to for the past couple years, and no one can seem to get enough of it. The drama topped with Christina Aguilera's voice makes this movie entertaining every time.

The Help

This iconic movie takes place in the south in 1963 where it's extremely segregated. Watch as a journalist, played by Emma Stone, tries to publish a never before heard perspective on what it's really like to live in a segregated world.

Sleepless in Seattle

Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan portray two people who seem to be missing something in this classic Rom-Com. When Hanks character's son sends a message out on the radio wishing for his dad to find someone, an engaged journalist hears his wish. Will she make it come true?

Les Misérables

This Academy Award winner will leave you feeling so many emotions with each scene that passes, and they do it in song!

West Side Story

If you want a more upbeat, light-hearted musical, "West Side Story" is a classic. This Romeo and Juliette spinoff, two people from different world fall in love, and with catchy songs along their journey, it's hard not to love this movie.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

This first establishment of the Indiana Jones franchise will bring you action and danger around every corner. So if your in the mood for an adventure (or to see young Harrison Ford), you should definitely see this movie.

Patriots Day

This movie takes place before, during, and after the Boston Marathon Bombing in 2013. The accuracy of the events that took place in those couple days are spot on, and the individual recoveries shown in that movie would make anyone emotional. Plus, the Boston accents are very enjoyable to listen to.

The Boy

If you really into the horror scene need a terrifying movie to watch with your friends, "The Boy" will do the trick. It all starts when an elderly couple hires a woman to take care of their son, but when she arrives at the house, she discovers that the boy is an incredibly life-like doll. Then it just goes downhill from there.