10 Netflix Shows That Are Summer 2017 Binge-Worthy

Relax by having a laugh or two.

16
YouTube

Summer has began and we now have the chance to relax and hang out with friends without the worry of being in school. But we can't always being going out. We want our time to relax and soak in the fact that we don't have school work to stress about. But let's be honest; when it's extremely hot out, we want to stay in air conditioning. So we stay in and watch TV. And most of the time, daily television sucks. But there is the wonderful option of Netflix to find something new to watch. And because of Netflix, we can binge watch any show at any time, with no interruptions (besides Netflix asking if we're still watching, and the answer is always yes). Since there's so many options, we're at a loss at where to begin.

Here's what I think are some binge worthy shows that will help you decide what to start first.

1. Orange is the New Black

This is definitely a binge-worthy show to watch. And the fact that the are releasing season five on June 9th, it gives you an even bigger want to watch it because there's an extra season to binge! This is a Netflix original show that has been getting a lot of buzz in the media lately and there's a lot of reasons for that. But regardless of any positive or negative reviews, think about giving this show a chance and see what you think for yourself. Plus there's lots of drama and twists in the show, which makes any show that much better.

2. Friends

This is the kind of show that regardless if you have or haven't watched it, it's something that can be watched again and again and it still makes you laugh. It's the classic group of friends sitcom and since the episodes are only under 30 minutes, you'll want to keep watching to see more episodes.

3. Bill Nye Saves the World

Now this show is another Netflix original. And my eighth grade science class was heavily based on the teachings of Bill Nye's original show. And I personally love Bill Nye. The reason I am including this show in the list is because even though it is an educational show, it's an interesting and at times funny educational show. And it is about our current time. And Bill is able to teach us about Global Warming, Sexuality, and more, all through science. And it's so eye opening and interesting. I finished the first season in a day and I really hope there will be a second.

4. Riverdale

This next show is what I am currently watching and right now. And guys. This show... it's great. It's for when you want a mystery/murder show with a twist. This show was based on the "Archie" comics. And it's definitely a different kind of typical mystery show. I don't know how to explain that more but please give this show a chance. Because once you watch the first episode, you're gonna have so many questions and the only way to get the answers is to keep watching.

5. Shameless

This is personally one of my favorite shows. EVER. It sucks you in at episode one. And you have plenty of time to binge the six seasons before a new season starts. And season seven should be up on Netflix soon since shooting for eight is going to begin. It's full of family drama and events that you never expect to happen, and they all have an amazing sense of humor. It's funny and exciting to watch and you'll fall in love with the cast.

6. The Office

Another great sitcom, this show is definitely worth getting into. If you've heard of this show, then you may also know about "Parks and Recreation." And there is an interesting thought about these shows, saying if you watch one before the other, you may struggle with starting the other. I found this true for myself because I watched Parks first and absolutely loved it. I then tried to get into "The Office" and I struggled. I was stuck in season two for months. I then decided to just keep pushing through and once I got through season three, I couldn't stop watching.

7. Parks and Recreation

As I mentioned before, I loved this show. Amy Poehler is so amazing and funny and easily loved in this show. And the character of Ron Swanson is something everyone should experience because it makes the show that much funnier.

8. New Girl

Yes I know, another sitcom. But sometimes I find that sitcoms can be really easy to binge. And "New Girl" is no different. It's funny and adorable and how can you not love Zoe Deschanel? This show offers a different kind of humor but it's the kind of show that you end up accidentally loving.

9. Supernatural

This was my first show I ever binged watched in a summer. It has a special place in my heart and it constantly keeps me on the edge of my seat. And now there is 12 seasons out on Netflix. I need to binge the past two previous seasons, which makes it so much more fun to watch. It's the kind of show that offers mystery, suspense, supernatural beings (obviously by the title we know this), humor, maybe a little romance, and other things you might not expect from the show. Plus, the two main men in this show are so funny, and also not too hard to look at *wink wink.*

10. How I Met Your Mother

Another friend group based sitcom, this show is definitely one that is fun to binge watch. All the characters and episodes are extremely funny and it gives a different twist on a friend group show. You root for the characters and can't help but compare to what friend in your own friend group you in from the show.