10 Best Movies To Watch To Kick Those Bad Day Blues

6. 10 Things I Hate About You

62
Touchstone Pictures

1. Mean Girls

I mean, come on, who doesn’t like Mean Girls? As one of the most quotable movies of all time, this is definitely the go-to when you need a good laugh and a little escape from the real mean girls of the world. And if early 2000’s Lindsey Lohan doesn’t make you feel better, grab a bottle of wine and drink every time Regina says something catty.

2. Parent Trap

Speaking of Lindsey Lohan, The Parent Trap has got to be one of the most underrated feel-good movies of all time. It’s got everything from humor and hi jinks to sisterhood to romance. And I don’t care what type of mood you're in, the ending is almost guaranteed to make your heart very happy.

3. Bridesmaids

Bridesmaids is one of those movies you can watch a million times and laugh like it’s the first time. Annie is someone we can all relate to; between her jealous hatred of Helen and her humorous attempts to pick up the pieces of her life, there’s something we can all laugh about.

4. Grease

Sometimes the best cure for the bad day blues is some flashy music and dance numbers. The timeless love story of a bad boy trying to get the good girl will keep you smiling until the final credits. Not to mention, you definitely know the words to at least one of the songs so feel free to sing it at the top of your lungs and dance around the room. You deserve it.

5. 13 Going on 30

Who knew a story about a 13-year-old girl trying to navigate the life of a 30-year-old could be so relatable? 13 going on 30 has everything colorful outfits, a touching love story, a fire soundtrack made strictly of 80’s music, and above al,l a really important message of being happy with yourself.

6. 10 Things I Hate About You

Three words... young Heath Ledger. Right there is enough to turn any bad day around. There’s also a cheesy 90’s love story based on Shakespeare’s “Taming of the Shrew”... But mostly a young Heath Ledger.

7. The Princess Bride

A fairy tale with a modern twist, the Princess Bride was a comedy that was ahead of its time. These characters were practically written to make you smile even in the foulest of moods.

8. Harry Potter

Sometimes what you really need is an escape to another world. There’s no better place than Hogwarts to feel like your traveling a million miles away without having to leave your bed. Also, after realizing all the stuff Harry and his friends had to go through to defeat the dark lord before puberty, your problems don’t seem as impossible anymore.

9. Breakfast at Tiffany’s

An oldie but a classic. If you think your life is messed up, then you have to see the life of Holly. This story about an escort who believes she’ll never be happy until she marries a rich man and will have you laughing and crying until the kissing scene in the rain at the end. But, most importantly, the message of the movie is clear: love is real and it’s our best shot at true happiness *tears*.

10. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

There’s one thing that makes everybody happy in this world and that is food. This cute little movie about a down on his luck scientist who invents a food machine is just the kind of thing you need to cheer you up... Not to mention make you very hungry.

From Your Site Articles