10 Lyrics From Rock Songs That Will Make You Think

Quotes from rock songs that you can vibe to!

426
Sara Petrozziello

Rock has transcended generations, not just because it is a popular style of music, but because many popular songs in the genre have intense and deep meanings. Every once in a while, a musician with killer vocals along with a perfect set of lyrics will create something extraordinary. Here are 10 lyrics from rock songs that will definitely make you stop and think!

1. "Stairway To Heaven" - Led Zeppelin

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road."

2. "Spirit of The Radio" - Rush

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music. But glittering prizes and endless compromises, shatter the illusion of integrity."

3. "Come as You Are" - Nirvana

"Take your time, hurry up. The choice is yours, don’t be late."

4. "Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd

"The child has grown, the dream is gone, and I’ve become comfortably numb."

5. "Imagine" - John Lennon

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace."

6. "Jesus of Suburbia" - Green Day

"It says home is where your heart is, but what a shame, because everyone's heart doesn’t beat the same."

7. "Dreams" - Fleetwood Mac

"Like a heartbeat drives you mad, in the stillness of remembering what you had."

8. "War Pigs" - Black Sabbath

"Politicians hide themselves away. They only started the war. Why should they go out to fight? They leave that role for the poor."

9. "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen

"Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see."

10. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" - The Rolling Stones

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need."