10 Lessons From Grey's Anatomy

10 Lessons From Grey's Anatomy

Grey's quotes are always there to give that hope to push through the bad moments.

35
10 Lessons From Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy isn't just a tv show filled hot doctors and lots of drama, but powerful quotes that teach us and remind us of important life lessons.

1. “Yes, horrible things do happen. Happiness, in the face of all of that, that’s not the goal. Feeling horrible, and knowing that you’re not gonna die from those feelings, that’s the point.”

We all have bad days, months, and years, moments we think happiness is lost, and maybe in the moment it is, but in those moments the only thing to worry about is getting through it.

2.“Why does it feel so good to get rid of things? To unload? To let go? Maybe because when we see how little we actually need to survive, it makes us realize how powerful we actually are. To strip down to only what we need. To hang on to only what we can’t do without. Not just to survive, but to thrive.”

We underestimate our strengths, our abilities to adapt and survive, but when it comes down to it, letting go of all the unnecessary weight and baggage reveals our true strength.

3. “We have to keep reinventing ourselves, almost every minute because the world can change in an instant. And there’s no time for looking back. Sometimes the changes are forced on us. Sometimes they happen by accident and we make the most of them. We have to constantly come up with new ways to fix ourselves. So we change, we adapt. We create new versions of ourselves. We just need to be sure that this one is an improvement over the last.”

Change is inevitable, if we aren't changing we aren't growing, every day is chance to be new and better to let go of the negative and to improve our lives.

4. “It doesn’t matter how tough we are. Trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives. Trauma messes everybody up. But maybe that’s the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all that is what keeps us moving forward. It’s what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up.”

Yes getting hurt is scary and painful and tragic, but maybe its the painful, scary, and tragic moments that push us to change our lives, maybe its those moments that we find ourselves.

5.“You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive.”

It is easy to give in to tragedy, to let it consume you, to just give up and walk away, but to get through it takes courage, to survive and know you walked through the worst crap you could imagine, but you made it to the other side.

6. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks."

Fight, be better, work hard for yourself and don't let anyone stop you.

7. "Did you say it? 'I love you.' 'I don't ever want to live without you.' 'You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Don't wait, say it, tell the truth, and follow your dreams, tomorrow is never promised.

8. "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are the choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight not to give in. To live or die. Live or die. That's the important choice. And it's not always in our hands."

Every moment in your life is comprised of choices, everything depends on what you chose and what you will choose.

9. "You can build a house out of anything. Make it as strong as you want. But a home, a home is more fragile than that. A home is made of the people you fill it with. And people can be broken, sure, but any surgeon knows, what's broken can be mended. What's hurt can be healed. That no matter how dark it gets the sun's going to rise again."

No matter how much damage there, everything will heal, the sun will set and rise again, and life will go and you will heal.

10. "We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key, though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way to fail is not to fight. So fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight, you fight even when it seems inevitable you're about to go down swinging."

Don't quit and don't stop, fight for what you believe in, fight for the people you love, fight for your dreams, and fight for yourself, the only way to lose is never to fight at all.