10 Lady Life Lessons I Learned from Liz Lemon

Liz Lemon: the "oh, brother" eye-roll queen, "I can have it all" advocate, accidentally sagacious, admissibly tragic, and wonderfully hilarious lady lead of the hit NBC show "30 Rock".

107
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2013/01/liz-lemon-vs-tina-fey/318827/
www.theatlantic.com

Liz Lemon is a spirit animal of sorts for the average lady trying to find a balance between career, love, family, and cheese. At this point in my life, having clocked around 300 hours of "30 Rock" watch-time, I have found that there is a Liz Lemon one-liner for every occasion: A list of lady life lessons I learned from Liz Lemon…

Liz Lemon taught me that one of the most important lessons a young lady must learn is to know her worth…and her limits

www.giphy.com

"You wanna party? It's $500 for kissing and $10,000 for snuggling; end of list."

Knowing your limits is being honest with yourself. Liz Lemon taught me to tell the truth and to NEVER eat Sushi you bought on a train

www.giphy.com

"'Cause living a lie will eat you up inside. Like that parasite I got from eating sushi on Amtrak."

Liz Lemon knows that a supremely sarcastic eye-roll that perfectly punctuates your distain for all things is always the answer

www.giphy.com

"I want to roll my eyes right now but the doctor said if I keep doing it, my ocular muscles might spasm and eject my eyeballs."

Liz Lemon taught me that there's no shame in being a woman and that we can all learn from each other 

www.giphy.com

"I did Big Sister in college. That little girl taught me how to use tampons."

From Liz Lemon, I learned that the combination of punishing cynicism and fanciful meet-cute aspirations may result in flirting faux-pas

www.giphy.com

"Ugh, I hate January. It's dark and freezing and everyone's wearing bulky coats. You can do some serious subway flirting before you realize the guy is homeless."

Finding “the one” so you can “have it all” can be challenging. Liz Lemon taught me that if a man hits on you ALWAYS ask for Mozzarella sticks. If he says no, he’s not the one

www.eonline.com

" I already have a drink. Do you think he'd buy me mozzarella sticks?"

While Liz’s wardrobe could be described as functional and food-stained, I did learn some valuable lessons from her mistakes. For example, matching isn’t always the answer

www.giphy.com

"Jack taught me not to wear tan slacks with a tan turtleneck. I thought it looked nice, but he, rightly, pointed out that it made me look like a giant condom."

Liz Lemon taught me that you don’t have to believe in God to ‘believe in something’

www.giphy.com

"I pretty much just do whatever Oprah tells me to."

Liz Lemon knows that an important part of finding a work-life balance is accepting that it’s okay to stay home, wrapped up in your Snuggie (that you’re definitely wearing as a joke), and enjoying your “night cheese”

www.giphy.com

"One of my New Year's resolutions is to say "yes!" Yes to love, yes to life, yes to staying in more!"

And most importantly, Liz Lemon taught me the importance of supporting other women, but that sometimes you have to be your own biggest supporter

www.giphy.com

"I support women. I'm like a human bra."