10 John Piper Quotes That Wreck Me Every Time

Of all the Johns--John the Apostle, John the Baptist, John Piper, John MacArthur, John Calvin, John Welsey, Pope John Paul II-- I can confidently say that John Piper has the best Instagram.

198

One of my dear friends has the sweetest way of speaking. She is so in-tune with her thoughts and feelings--and the harmony between them--that when she speaks, her words resonate deep within your soul. Pastor John Piper does this, too. He looks to God for his utmost fulfillment, and I think that's something many of us can agree with. Below is a list of some of his most powerful quotes via his website's Instagram, along with accompanying Scripture. I encourage you to search the Bible on your own as you read what John Piper has to say, but otherwise, I'll let his words speak for themselves:

1. On fulfillment:

Instagram

Psalm 34:10b "but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

2. On loving others:

Instagram

Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

On Jesus' sacrifice:

Instagram

1 Peter 3:18a "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God"

On prayer and scripture:

Instagram

Jeremiah 31:33b "I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

On sin:

Instagram

Hebrews 12:1-2a "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith"

On Jesus' sacrifice (part II):

Instagram

John 13:1 "Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end."

On works:

Instagram

Galatians 3:2-3 "Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?"

On justification:

Instagram

Romans 4:5 "And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness"

On loving others (part II):

Instagram

Galatians 5:14 "For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

On service:

Instagram

Mark 9:35b "And [Jesus] said to them, 'If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.'"

And finally, on prayer:

Instagram

1 Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing"