10 Holidays We All Should Celebrate

10 Holidays We All Should Celebrate

There are reasons to celebrate every single day

782
10 Holidays We All Should Celebrate

As a follow-up to the ongoing festivities of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s, January and February take the cake as quite possibly the most boring months on the planet. Sorry to anyone who celebrates their birthday in these dreary winter months, but honestly, there isn’t too much to get excited about after January 1, and the lack of festivities is emphasized by what I like to refer to as post-holiday depression. After years of spending the latter portion of winter anxiously anticipating anything that even remotely resembles a holiday, just this year I started thinking about the holidays that do occur during this time. Obviously, there’s Valentine’s Day and Saint Patrick’s Day, but I knew there had to be more than just that. So I did my research, and I found 10 awesome holidays to fill the festivity void in my life. With that being said, here are some of the holidays I celebrated/plan to celebrate during the dreariest time of the year.

January 3- Festival of Sleep Day

Because if the world gives you an excuse to sleep, you should definitely take it.

January 8- Bubble Bath Day

This holiday serves as yet another chance to treat yourself…and to test out every single Lush product you got for Christmas.

January 14- National Dress Up Your Pet Day

For all the wiener dog owners of the world, for my entertainment and your, PLEASE dress your dog up as a hotdog. I guarantee you’ll get a good laugh in.

January 16- National Nothing Day

Ah, the perfect way to start my first day of classes. Colleges across the country should definitely be informed of this national holiday.

January 17- National Ditch Your New Year’s Resolution Day

The excuse we’ve all been waiting for to ditch our diets and workouts for consuming an entire pizza in one sitting.

February 4- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

You don’t have to tell me twice.

February 15- Singles Awareness Day

For anyone who doesn’t have someone to celebrate Valentine’s Day with, now you not only get sale candy, but also an entire holiday dedicated to doing you.

February 20- Love Your Pet Day

It’s like Valentine’s Day, but for your dog. How awesome is that?!

February 24- National Tortilla Chip Day

I am a passionate supporter of any excuse I get to eat more guac and queso, but realistically, who isn’t?

February 25- Open That Bottle Night

The perfect way to finish a stressful week.

So for everyone who enjoys the holiday season just as much as I do, don’t sulk that it’s over…because it isn’t. There’s a reason to celebrate every single day, even one as silly as eating ice cream for breakfast or dressing up your dog. You just have to find it.