10 "Gilmore Girls" Episodes to Watch Before the Revival

Oy with the poodles already.

25
Warner Bros.

Season 1 Episode 1: “Pilot”

The episode that started it all. Pay special attention to Dean’s hair and Luke’s outfit in the end of the episode.

Season 2 Episode 5: "Nick & Nora/Sid & Nancy"

Not only are we first introduced to brooding Jess in this episode, but we also get the iconic scene in which Luke shoves him into the lake. Plus, this moment that absolutely destroyed us:

Season 2 Episode 22: "I Can't Get Started"

On Sookie and Jackson’s wedding day, we are heartbroken when Christopher leaves Lorelai to be with Sherry, who reveals that she’s pregnant. More importantly, Jess returns to Stars Hollow and kisses Rory. The final shot of Lorelai and Rory walking down the aisle in shock and dismay is everything.

Season 3 Episode 7: "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They?"

The annual Stars Hollow Dance Marathon is a must-see, if not for Kirk’s celebratory lap around the gym to the Rocky theme, then for Dean and Rory’s melodramatic fallout on the dance floor over Jess.

Season 3 Episode 22: "Those Are Strings, Pinocchio"

This might be the best episode of “Gilmore Girls” of all time. Rory’s heartfelt graduation speech will make you ball your eyes out. That is, if you didn’t already after Lorelai is finally able to fulfill her dream of opening her own Inn.

Season 4 Episode 7: "The Festival of Living Art"

This episode ends with the home birth of Sookie and Jackson’s first child. Kirk as Jesus in “The Last Supper” is hilarious. Your heart will stop when Sookie’s baby pager goes off while Lorelai is onstage.

Season 4 Episode 22: "Raincoats and Recipes"

Despite Rory’s frustrating choice to sleep with Dean, this episode brings us Luke and Lorelai’s first kiss. Added bonus: Kirk’s night terrors.

Season 5 Episode 7: "You Jump, I Jump, Jack"

This is the clichéd iconic “Gilmore Girls” episode for a reason. In it, we first fall in love with Logan’s charm and adventurous lifestyle, which causes Rory to take that famous leap. Also, Lane and Zach’s adorable first date.

Season 6 Episode 13: "Friday Night's Alright for Fighting"

In one of the more underrated “Gilmore Girls” episodes, Paris is peak-crazy as she has a meltdown as editor of the Yale Daily News, causing Rory to take charge and get the paper to print on time with the help of Logan. This episode also features the best Friday Night Dinner to ever take place in the show.

Season 7 Episode 22: “Bon Voyage”

After a subpar seventh season, the final episode does include some heartfelt moments, like Luke and Lorelai’s kiss and the town’s farewell party to Rory.