We love them. The texture, the color, the taste and most importantly the health benefits. Avocados don't only taste great and compliment a wide variety of delicious foods, but they have significant health benefits and are considered to be a superfood which is "a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being."-Merriam Webster. If they aren't already a staple food in your diet, they should be. Here are 10 facts you probably didn't know about this green goodie:

1. Avocados are native to Central America and were loved by the Aztecs.

2. They help significantly in lowering cholesterol.

3. They are actually a large berry with one seed.

4. "One avocado contains approximately 1/3 of the daily requirement of vitamin K and folate, lots of pantothenic acids, vitamin B6 and vitamin C." -Care2.

5. Avocados improve eyesight.

6."Avocados contain four grams of protein which makes them the fruit with the highest protein." -GreenBlender

7. Surprisingly, they contain more potassium than bananas.

8. "On average, 53.5 million pounds of guacamole are eaten every Super Bowl Sunday, enough to cover a football field more than 20 feet thick." -GreenBlender

9. You can make a face mask using an avocado and a tablespoon of honey.

10. Eating avocados on a regular basis can help prevent bad breath.

If you have yet to try an avocado, I highly suggest it. They taste good and they have an extreme amount of health benefits! Avocad-GO!