10 Of My Favorite Film Scores

10 Of My Favorite Film Scores

It's what causes the tear to shed from my eye

74
10 Of My Favorite Film Scores
google.com

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a movie buff. At a certain point I get impatient because I just want to know how it ends. Yet it's no secret that I have a deep love for music. So when I do watch movies, the music is what usually tends to keep my attention.

In my opinion, film scores are completely underrated. The original music that is written for films is so essential, and I tend to pick up on it during every movie I watch. It's what causes the tear to shed from my eye. Or the chuckle that escapes my mouth (and maybe the storyline contributes too, but that's beside the point).

A few of these movies aren't the greatest, I know. But the composers of these scores (and the scores themselves) are fantastic and worth a listen.

I've included my favorite song from each score as a little "test taster" before you decide you want to listen to the rest of the album in its entirety.

1. Copenhagen - Agatha Kaspar

2. Love, Simon - Rob Simonsen

3. Amélie - Yann Tiersen

4. Age of Adaline - Rob Simonsen

5. La La Land - Justin Hurwitz

6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - John Williams

This one is my ultimate favorite!

7. Breaking Dawn (Pt. 1) - Carter Burwell

8. Edward Scissorhands - Danny Elfman

9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Pt. 1) -Alexandre Desplat

10. Divergent - Junkie XL

I hope this list has blessed your ears today; and I hope the next time you watch a movie, the score catches your attention!