10 Best Dining Hall Items Found On KSU's Campus

If I could name them all, I would.

128
Kennesaw CSH

Everybody knows about The Commons, even if they don't go to KSU they have heard about it.

It is all over the news and different websites saying that we are consistently in the Top 10 with all of the other universities in the United States. Some may ask, "what makes the food so good? Why is it considered better than other schools?"

Well, let me tell you, there are so many things that I could tell you about, but since we are consistently in the top 10, I will share the Top 10 foods in the KSU Commons.

1. Tacos

Now, I could go on and on about these things. From the meat to the warm tortillas to all the toppings that you can put on these, what more can you ask for? You can make a taco salad or burritos or nachos or literally ANYTHING that you want. The tacos are by far my favorite thing in the commons.

2. Fried Chicken

Everybody knows that if you don't get to the Commons early on Thursdays to get your helping of the fried chicken, you will either be late to class because you were so dedicated to standing in that line, or you will sadly enough, have to walk out of the Commons without having tasted the juicy goodness on the chicken.

3. The Garlic Knots

These go perfectly with anything you could put on your plate for your meal. Some how they manage to make them just soft enough to pull apart but sturdy enough, so they aren't breaking apart when you are getting them off of the tray. They are seasoned to perfection and have a wonderful sprinkling of cheese on top, what more could you ask for?

4. Stir Fry

Oh, how I could enjoy the fresh goodness of the stir fry of my choice every single day. You get to pick out what you want to go into it, and they will make it exactly how you want it. It blows my mind. Like what other schools will do this for you on the regular? Like we don't even have to have something special going on, it's just always available.

5. Steak Fries

Now, this could just be my love of potatoes coming through, but I know if I am having a bad day and just want something salty and not good for me, I can count on the Commons fries to be everything that I want them to be. You can even put cheese sauce over them if the sodium intake from the fries isn't enough for you.

6. Omelettes

Now you may have to get up early for this one, but they are amazing. I will never forget the second semester of my freshman year when I had an 8 AM with one of my friends and every time we made it to class we made it a point to reward ourselves with going to the Commons and getting a fresh hot omelet. I mean I even had my birthday breakfast here, and my friends sang 'Happy Birthday' to me as I blew out an imaginary candle over my omelet.

7. Cobbler

Oh, how the desserts can easily win your heart over. Most people enjoy the cold bar that they have set up during lunch hours where you can mix in whatever ingredients you want and blah blah blah. Me, it's the cobblers that they have, most specifically, the peach. Get that when it is nice and fresh and put some ice cream over it, you would think you are back in grandmas kitchen eating something that she made.

8. Mashed Potatoes

What a simple thing yet it is so amazing. What else could be simpler and this delicious? They are creamy and smooth yet a little chunky at the same time. Literally, amazing.

9. Salad Bar

Now this one might seem kind of like a copout but what makes it so amazing to me is that as a school we grow a good majority of the ingredients that are put out there. Doesn't that just blow your mind?! Like you know exactly where it is coming from, and it is really good for you too.

10. Pizza

Finally, the oh so beloved pizza. How could it not make it on the list when it is almost everybody's cheat meal? They make every kind you could ever want: cheese, pepperoni, meat lovers, veggie, white, they have it all, and I am not complaining.