The 10 Friends Every Girl Makes In College

"You never meet your true, lifelong friends until college"

193
https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-photography-of-group-of-people-jumping-during-golden-time-1000445/

I'm three years deep into this college thing. It's been a great experience for the most part. The classes are interesting, the independence is exciting, and the people I've met are really what has made college such a positive experience for me. If there's one thing I've learned about college, it's that you're going to meet new people every single day. Some people you'll know for an hour, some people you'll know for life. "You never meet your true, lifelong friends until college", My older cousins would advise me, as my second-grade self would stress over little girl dramas. Being a college student now, I've come to realize the friendships I've made over these past few years are ones that are going to leave an impact on me forever. I'm so grateful for all of these very diverse relationships I've cultivated, and I think a lot of other young women can relate. Here are the ten kinds of friends every girl makes in college.

1. The Orientation Friend

Everyone has that one friend they made at orientation who they sort of clung to, because college was new and scary and it was nice feeling like you weren't doing it alone, especially throughout the stupid orientation ice-breakers! Whether you're still friends now, or you haven't talked to them since freshman year, you'll probably never forget your first college friendship.

2. The Girl Who Lives Across The Hall

Dorm life can be rough, but it's a lot more enjoyable when you make friends with the neighbors. These are the types of friends who come in handy if you run out of tampons or you need a midnight snack. If you make friends with the girls on your floor you'll always have someone there for you within yelling distance. She'll come in handy when you see a spider and are too scared to kill it yourself.

3. The Friend From Your Hometown Who You Never Really Hungout With Until College

You've practically known this girl your whole life and you've never said more than a few words to her. You run into her one night at a party and it's like you're instant besties! You already know all of the same people and come from similar backgrounds. It takes all of the annoying groundwork out of making new friends

4. The Classmate Who Knows Just Barely More Than You Do

In class, she looks almost as lost as you do. You two exchange numbers and vow to endure the struggle together throughout the semester. Sometimes you two get too distracted by each other in class, it's a wonder how you're both still passing. If it weren't for her though, you definitely wouldn't be dragging your butt to that 8 a.m.

5. The Twin Flame Friend

I feel like everyone meets that one person in college who is practically the same person as them. It's exciting to find someone who has your same sense of humor and point of view on things and the moment you get to know them, you wonder how you've lived so long without them. Twin flame friends will never judge you or make you feel stupid for something, because odds are, they would have done the same!

6. The Work Friend

If you have a job in college, you know the struggle. Luckily, we have work friends to make the late nights and tedious work a little more bearable. My work friends are some of my closest friends, because we are always together! I've always said the best way to get to know someone is by hating your lives at work together.

7. The "Are We More Than Friends?" Friend

College is a crucial time in a young person's life to explore yourself and the world around you. During this time, it's more than likely you'll become romantically/physically involved with someone at some point. Whether you two are trying to keep in platonic, or you can both see it developing into a more serious relationship, these friendships can be some of the most exciting and confusing.

8. The Roommate

Tenor

Your first college roommate can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. It's up to the both of you to make an effort at this friendship and try to make the most of it. I got extremely lucky with my first roommate. She was and is still one of my best friends in the world. It's so nice having someone to come home to, eat with, talk to, study with, and cry with when the distance from your mom gets to be too much.

9. The Sibling Friend

The Tempest

I've always felt that going away to college will help you reach a newfound understanding and appreciation for your siblings. Being away from my sisters all the time made me miss them so badly. We talk more now than we ever did when I lived at home. I think the time away from each other just makes us appreciate the time together more.

10. The Professor Friend

Medium

If you get the opportunity to take a really eccentric and out of the ordinary class, go for it! You'll learn things you never considered from a professor who's pretty passionate about the topic. Even if you don't really enjoy the class, the professor teaching it may be one of the coolest people you'll ever meet. It's always nice having a professor who you can be informal and sort of candid with.

11. The Friend For Life

Tenor

It doesn't matter how or where you met, all that matters is that you did and you can't imagine your life any other way. They've changed you for the better and meeting them has been one of the best parts of college for you. This is the kind of friendship they write books about. This is the kind of friendship everyone deserves at least some point in their life.