10 Classic Online Shopping Mistakes We All Make

Especially First Years

13
Wall Street Journal

Now that I am a sophisticated adult in college, I was handed this little 3x2.5 plastic card that gives me access to basically whatever I want. AKA a credit card. It's used for "emergencies only" so whenever NastyGal is having a sale, or when you're fresh out of snacks and PrimePantry comes to the rescue. Here are some amateur mistakes that people who are new to this world of online shopping make, and how to beat them.

1. Anytime you buy any sort of clothing, accessories, etc. you have to check retailmenot for discounts, because they are so there and there's never a need to pay full price on one thing and restrict yourself from buying TWO things!

2. Ship things to your home address instead of your college dorm. I can't even count the amount of times my mom has surprisingly received my order of mini M&M's or shoes... #Sorry could you ship them to me here please?

3. Ordered the wrong size! Sure, no one likes to try on clothes at a store and spend the time taking off their jeans just to put them back on, but when you have to guess what size you might be and pray not to have to return it, you may want to check the size chart.

4. Type in your email wrong during order confirmation and just praying that your shipment went through, or sketchily going through your parents credit card bills to see if they were charged for that bomber jacket you may or may not just once again shipped to their house by an accident.

5. Forgetting to take advantage of Amazon Prime and not searching there for your Mini M&M's first, and having to order them from a candy warehouse, and having to pay for shipping... Again, #SorryMom.

6. Ordering your halloween costumes to late and having to scavenge for horrible remainder pieces from your friends. Yeah, that's right, you should panic and order them ASAP.

7. Not sharing a PrimePantry order with your friends, and paying $6 for shipping because you all only filled 39% of each of your boxes...

8. Forgetting to save your credit card number to NastyGal and Nordstroms... Yeah I do it too, and you have to retype it everyday... #Tragic

9. Not typing in the dorm address correctly, and sending your package to a different student. Hey, look at it this way, it's my present to you mailbox C0408.

10. Last but not least, not being aware that you can send confetti to anyone you want, whenever you want. This website should be bookmarked on all of your tabs: http://confettimailbomb.com/. Please HMU.