10 Breathtaking Cities For The Ultimate Mediterranean Vacation

10 Breathtaking Cities You MUST See For The Ultimate Mediterranean Vacation

Visit these destinations when you travel abroad for an unforgettable experience.

25

The Mediterranean Sea is unparalleled in splendor. Last Summer I was lucky enough to travel to some of the most picturesque cities in Italy and Greece located along this beautiful coast. Over the span of thirteen days, I woke up in ten different cities that made my life look more like a postcard each day. I admittedly still go through my camera roll and feel surprised by how beautiful the sights of my trip really were! When traveling abroad, Italy and Greece are European gems that cannot be overlooked. Both countries are rich in culture, and they make for a luxurious vacation that will have you feeling like an Instagram influencer. Travel to the Mediterranean Sea for a Summer you won't forget. Eat amazing food, immerse yourself in a fascinating new culture, and make memories that you will cherish forever!

1. Rome

Christina Giordano

If you didn't go to Rome when you visited Italy, did you even go to Italy?? The quintessential Italian city, Rome is a must-see if you're looking to get a real taste of what Italy has to offer. The idyllic city is flourishing with artifacts that date back to ancient history.

2. Pompeii

Christina Giordano

Located within the Naples region of Italy, Pompeii is so much more than just a city of ruins. After walking through a landscape that is seemingly frozen in time, go shopping in the local markets right near this tourist attraction. Naples is arguably the heart of Italy, and you will be sure to have an authentic Italian experience when you travel here.

3. Athens

Christina Giordano

Athens has withstood the test of time. Walking among some of the world's most antiquated infrastructure will feel surreal and will make for an experience that you won't forget.

4. Delphi

Christina Giordano

Don't overlook this exceptional Greek destination! Delphi is home to some of the best local markets and has amazing beaches to relax at.

5. Mykonos

Christina Giordano

You've probably seen countless Instagram vacation pictures taken in Mykonos, and it's for good reason! That crystal blue water you've seen all those influencers swimming in is real, and it's here in Mykonos.

6. Samos

Christina Giordano

Samos is a quaint little Greek island that has so much to offer. Be sure to stop here to get the best gyros and French fries!

7. Patmos

Christina Giordano

Known for its decadent churches and Christian history, Patmos is an excellent island excursion that will expose you to a fascinating Greek subculture.

8. Capri

Christina Giordano

If you love the beach, Capri is the place to be. The shores of this Italian city are considerably the most luxurious in all of Europe.

9. Sorrento

Christina Giordano

Sorrento is absolutely stunning and must be experienced during both the early hours of the morning and the late hours of the night. If you're a gelato lover, you have to stop by!

10. Santorini

Christina Giordano

Home to the famed blue-roofed architecture, Santorini is what comes to mind when people think of a typical Greek island. Like Rome, Santorini is a must-see that will not disappoint!