10 Christmas Movies To Add To You Binge-Watch List This Year
Education

10 Christmas Movies Spend Your Winter Break Binge-Watching, Because It's Only Christmas Once A Year

These are sure to get you into the holiday spirit!

279
tv next to a candle

Finals are over, grades are entered, and you've headed home for Christmas break. After working so hard for many months, it's hard to know what to do with all of your newfound free time. Here are some great Christmas movies to watch. From classics to comedies to romances, there's something for everyone.

1. "A Christmas Story"

This is one of those movies I would consider a classic. There are so many iconic moments: the leg lamp, the bunny suit, Chinese food for Christmas dinner, and a tongue getting stuck on a frozen pole. "A Christmas Story" is a fun movie to watch with family when you're feeling nostalgic for a simpler time.

2. "The Polar Express"

"The Polar Express" is one of those Christmas movies I grew up watching. For an animated movie, it has really beautiful cinematography and a heartwarming story. It's one of those movies that I can watch as an adult and enjoy just as much as I did many years ago.

3. "While You Were Sleeping"

This Christmas romance is not as in your face holiday as some, which really makes the story shine. Young Sandra Bullock from the '90s is a star in just about everything, but here she's especially lovable. While sugary sweet Hallmark Christmas movies are a lot of fun, this cute festive romance will get you in the spirit in a less cheesy way.

4. "Home Alone"

This Christmas movie gave me the ultimate prank/protecting your house in case con men try to break in and you're home by yourself ideas. I always thought that Kevin's contraptions were brilliant, and watching it now, yup, they still are. This one is good for a laugh and some classic Christmas cheer.

5. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

The Peanuts are some of my favorite movies in general, but the Christmas special is one of my favorites. Linus's monologue about the birth of Jesus is such a moving scene that we don't always get to see in Christmas movies. This cute little film is a good reminder of the reason for the season.

6. "Elf"

"Elf" is one of my favorites movies in general. Will Ferrell is hilarious, and blonde Zooey Deschanel is almost unrecognizable. This movie is the epitome of goofy, but it makes me laugh no matter how many times I watch it. And the winter wonderland that Buddy creates in his new family's home may or may not have inspired me to do the same in my room at 13.

7. "Love Actually"

This holiday film is one those films that gets more popular as it ages. The silent cue card confession of love has been setting unrealistic expectations for love since 2003. Plus ya know, its Christmas-y and everything.

8. "The Santa Clause"

This Christmas movie is definitely one that'll remind you of your childhood, and even though there are two sequels, nothing beats the original.

9. "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!" (1966)

I'm not talking about the live action one with Jim Carrey, I'm referring to the classic 1966 cartoon. This movie inherently screams Christmas, comfort, and nostalgia. Plus, my little brother was terrified of the Grinch when we were little so it's an excuse to mess with my siblings.

10. "It's A Wonderful Life"

This Christmas movie is definitely a classic. It may have a rather solemn premise but its ending is heartwarming and full of Christmas cheer.

Hopefully, this list will give you some Christmas inspiration and entertainment now that the hectic final season is over!