10 Black-Owned Beauty Brands To Support Right Now

Black-owned beauty brands to support now and always.

17

We can show our support for black creators by shopping and putting our money into black-owned businesses. The launch of Fenty Beauty and its success got the attention of the beauty industry and turned their heads to the need for inclusivity. Many brands released various products and shades to accommodate women of color, particularly, Black women. While its important to note the increased inclusivity of the industry, we must recognize and celebrate black-owned brands that create products to specifically accommodate their communities.

KNC Beauty

Kristen Noel Crawley created this brand after discovering the lack of natural lip masks available- so she created her own. KNC Beauty sells the first all natural and collagen infused lip mask in Mint and OG Rose flavors. The Supabalm retails for $22 and is also infused with Moringa and Kuikui oil.

Beauty Bakerie

Breast cancer survivor and single mom Cashmere Nicole created Beauty Bakerie, a makeup company that focuses on baking supply inspired packaging. While their packaging is adorable, they're also known for their long-lasting Lip Whips and their flour setting powder which sets your makeup in place and allows it to last all day.

Pat McGrath Labs

Available at Sephora, Pat McGrath Labs boasts a beauty line with beautiful packaging and more beautiful payoff. Pat McGrath built herself as one of the most respected and popular makeup artists in the industry so it's no surprise that her makeup line lives up to her reputation.

Juvia's Place

Juvia's Place is known for their vegan and cruelty-free eyeshadow palettes available in a variety of colors for as low as $14. Their eyeshadows have great pigmentation and are both buildable and blendable.

Lauren Napier Beauty

Lauren Napier offers cleansing wipes infused with aloe, chamomilla, and cucumber extracts to remove stubborn makeup without irritating your skin or creating environmental pollution. Check them out here.

Uoma Beauty

Uoma Beauty offers foundation in 51 shades along with bold lipstick colors. They are available at Ulta Beauty where a majority of their products have over a 4.5 star review on the site.

Briogeo Hair Care

Briogeo Hair Care is available at Sephora and offers Deep Conditioning Hair Masks, Leave-In Creams, along with a large array of hair-care products with the goal to help all hair types and textures. The brand boasts being cruelty-free and free of silicones, sulfates and parabens.

Iman Cosmetics

Iman Cosmetics was fonded in 1994 by model Iman and is known to many as the "first cosmetics and skincare collection designed for all women of skin of color." They are most known for their face products such as their foundation and concealer that easily match all skin tones.

The Lip Bar

The Lip Bar was created with the goal to help change the way you think about beauty. First appearing on Shark Tank, the brand is both vegan and cruelty-free and their specialty is serving "the underserved beauty community." The brand offers super bright lip colors at affordable costs.

Fenty Beauty

This article wouldn't be complete if I didn't acknowledge the impact Fenty Beauty has had on the industry. Launched in 2017 by Rihanna, the brand caters to all skin types and tones. Fenty offers everything from super blinding highlighters to foundation in a large range of shades.