16 Best Christmas Movies To Make A Part Of Your Holiday Traditions

"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal"

123
Girls Life

Christmas is my favorite time of year! The decorations, the music, the baking, and of course...the movies! So I thought that I would share fifteen of my favorite holiday movies

1. "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

As long as I can remember, when my mom's family gets together for Thanksgiving and after our big dinner we begin the Christmas season with this movie. So, what happens when your whole family and your eccentric cousin show up for the holidays? Chaos! But guess what, you'll all be "The jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house". Like Clark, you may also ask "where's the Tylenol"?

2. "A Christmas Story"

I absolutely love this movie! Even though I own it, I watch the TBS 24 hour marathon every. single. year! Watch Ralphie, a rambunctious boy, dream of his perfect Christmas present, a Red Ryder BB Gun, and the events that lead up to Christmas.

3. "Home Alone"

If you haven't seen this, you have too! Luckily for you, FreeForm will play it 100 times during the 25 days of Christmas! It is a classic must see!

4. "Home Alone 2 Lost in New York"

I'm still not sure if Kevin has the best luck or the worst luck. This is the second time he was separated from his family during the holidays, and he seems to have the time of his life. I mean who wouldn't want to stay in the Plaza for a few days, especially during the most wonderful time of the year?

5. "It's A Wonderful Life"

This Christmas classic is a good reminder of how valuable life and family is.

6. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

I love everything Charlie Brown. This sweet movie is a great film at any ages. Between Linus telling the Christmas story, and the nice reminder to appreciate the little things like Charlie Brown's tiny Christmas tree, this movie has a lot to offer everyone who watches it.

7. "White Christmas"

As a lover of musicals and old music, this is one of my favorites.

8. "A Madea Christmas"

If you have never seen a Tyler Perry Madea movie, you're missing out. This movie tackles some of the racial divides that are so common in the US in a light-hearted way.

9. "The Polar Express"

Okay, so growing up, my mom and dad would read me the Polar Express as a bedtime story. So when this movie came out it was like a part of my childhood unfolding out of my eyes. Trust me, when you watch this, you will get all of the feels!

10. "Santa Claus 1, 2, & 3"

So I know that these are three movies and not just one...but once you start a story why not finish it right? Anyway, this trilogy will have you believing in Christmas all over again!

11. "Miracle on 34th Street" (The original)

Ok, so don't get me wrong, the 90s version of this film is good, heck it's the one that I grew up on. But there is nothing like the original film of anything. So let this heartwarming movie help you rebuild your belief in the spirit of Christmas this year.

12. "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer"

"You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet, and Cupid, and Donner, and Blitzen. But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?" If you haven't heard this song, you probably have missed out on this movie which is a shame. This classic movie shares important lessons about unconditional acceptance. Plus the movie is really cute and the music is delightful.

13. "Frosty the Snowman"

Frosty is the sweet tale of a snowman befriending a group of children and their adventure to get Frosty to the North Pole so that he doesn't melt!

14. "The Christmas Shoes"

So, this one is a tear jerker guys! But it is an amazing tale of a little boy trying to get his mother a Christmas present to make her last Christmas special!

15. "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

What happens when Santa gets sick? You've got to watch this movie to find out!

16. "A Christmas Carol"

Ok, so there are a few different versions of this film, but the 1984 George C. Scott version is my favorite!

I hope you all enjoy these movies as much as I do!!