10 Amazon Products You NEED For Your College Apartment

10 items I consider essential for an apartment.

8
Photo by: Abby Arnold

Moving off of your college campus into an apartment is a big deal. It can also be overwhelming. Here are 10 items I have in my apartment that I love.

USB Charging Hub

m.media-amazon.com

This was and still is my biggest suggestion for everybody going to college, no matter if you're in a dorm or apartment. I have so many things I need to charge, from my phone to my airpods to my bluetooth speaker, but I have like one USB block. TBH my charging hub I picked up in the Target dollar section but there are multiple on Amazon. I command stripped this baby to the window sill right by my bed and now it sits there and my products are easily charged every night.

Under Cabinet Storage

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Right now, I am using this as a trash can under my kitchen sink, but what I love about this item is the versatility. Not only can this be a trash can, but it can also be used for storage. I've definitely thought about just taking it from my kitchen and putting it under our bathroom sink for my hair stying tools, but I think my roommates would notice the missing trash can

Amazon Fire TV Stick

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

You really don't realize how expensive cable is until you're in your own apartment and your parents aren't paying for it anymore, at least in my case. An amazon firestick is a life saver. You just plug it into your tv and you have access to everything like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, any streaming service you can think of. And if you're lucky, your parents just happen to have Hulu live, which instantly gives you that live tv without having to pay for it.

Wall Mounted Jewelry Holder

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

If you have a lot of jewelry this is super helpful. I use this to hold my necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. It also doubles as a great mask holder, which is super important in today's time. This is also a nice space saver if you don't have the space for a jewelry holder on your dresser.

Hanging Closet Organizer

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

I share my bedroom with 2 other girls in my off campus apartment, that means I have to find new ways to save space but maximize my storage. I found my hanging organizer at 5 Below, but again there are multiple on amazon. I use this to store my jeans, some sweatshirts and some shoes. It hangs in my closet pretty effortlessly and makes for easy accessibility to all those items as well.

Rolling Bedside Cart

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

Again, I didn't find mine on amazon but this is very similar. I use mine as a bedside table and the best part of it are the storage containers that hold pretty much anything you can think of. I keep a lamp, an oil diffuser, and typically a water bottle on top of mine and still have plenty of room.

Brita Water Pitcher

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

I don't think anybody needs to be convinced to buy one of these, but some people also have no problem drinking tap water. I love my Brita pitcher. It's so easy to fill and fits perfectly in my fridge. The filters last pretty long as I've been in my apartment for 6 months and have only had to change the filter once.

Coffee Table Tray

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

This isn't a huge deal but this is one of the items I am most glad I purchased. They're relatively cheap and provide a good space to put candles, coasters, and the tv remote. You can also stick other little decorative items on there.

Shoe Tray For Your Entryway

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

If you have the space, this shoe tray is perfect to put by your apartment door to put your shoes on when you come back in while it's raining or snowing. It's easy to just let your shoes dry off without tracking all the dirt inside your apartment.

Power Strip With USB Ports

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

This kind of goes along with #1. A big power strip with USB ports is a must. Not only can you plug other things into it but being able to plug USB charging cords into it is so nice. This is perfect in common areas like a living room or kitchen so people can easily charge their phones while doing other things.

Not all of these items are necessities but they're the items I love in my apartment.