10 Creative Costume Ideas for Your Posse

Halloween is right around the corner, so grab your friends, dress them up, and enjoy your night!

357
Gifter's Guide to the Galaxy

October has arrived and it was welcomed with open arms by many of us! Not only is it time for cozy sweaters, fall leaves, bonfires, and football, but one of the most popular holidays is in just a few weeks: Halloween! Now, trick-or-treating is no fun when you're by yourself, right? Same thing for those late-night parties. So grab your friends and family, because here are ten quick and adorable costumes that everyone can be part of!

1. Where's Waldo?

Based off of the best hidden pictures books of all time, these costumes are super easy to make or buy, and your group will certainly stand out among the crowd in your flashy striped shirts! You could even have one of your friends be Waldo and challenge any outsiders to figure out who it is! The more people, the better!

2. Smurfs

An oldie but a goodie! The Smurfs are a classic costume group that only really requires blue paint, blue shirts, and white shorts and hats. You could get fancy and add a white fluffy beard and a red hat to a few of your friends, but other than that, you're ready to go!

3. Alvin and the Chipmunks

Is your group a trio? Then choose your favorite chipmunk and get ready to rock out! A sweatshirt and fuzzy bear ears are all you need. This is also a great idea for younger kids!

4. Prisoners

If you and your friends tend to get into trouble from time to time, this is the perfect costume idea for all of you! I know a few girls from my school were able to find old jumpsuits at a local thrift store and bought cheap handcuffs from the dollar store in town, so get creative with this!

5. PacMan

It's a little twist on the normal "sheet ghost" that we all know! The actual PacMan himself (or herself) may require a little construction, but the laughs you'll get from bystanders as your friends chase you around the neighborhood will be worth the work!

6. The Minions

Who doesn't love the Minions from Despicable Me? There are so many ways to recreate this costume, and you're guaranteed to be the cutest group at that Halloween party!

7. Mario Kart Characters

And if you can provide your own means of transportation, this quickly changes from just a costume to a real life video game!

8. Spongebob

Bring back some childhood memories by dressing as your favorite characters from Bikini Bottom! "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!"

9. Pooh Bear

This might just be my absolute favorite. It's easy to make and great for a variety of groups!

10. Scooby-Doo

Why leave your pooch at home when they can be a part of your costume? Go get some candy, catch some monsters, and after a long night, make your way home in the Mystery Machine.

Dressing up can be fun, inexpensive, and easy all at once! Nothing is better than spending a spooky night with the people you love, so give one of these ideas a try!

Have a happy and safe Halloween!