A​n Open Letter To The Servers Who Don’t Take Food Allergies Seriously

An Open Letter To The Servers Who Don’t Take Food Allergies Seriously

When you take a risk, you risk our life.

168

As all know, when you have food allergies of any kind rather they are mild or severe, it makes going out to eat very hard and can even be scary at times. You see others and they never have to explain why you can't have that certain food, or what happens when you do to the severe, but you have to take 10 extra minutes to order specifically a way that won't hurt you.

Let me tell you, it isn't your fault that you are built this way, and you cannot control it. Don't feel bad, you do what's best for YOU.

To the servers; I know that it might seem like we might be following the next trend or what's popular in the health world, but in reality, we are being cautious for our own life's sake. We don't have control of allergies, we don't choose to be allergic to specific foods, unfortunately, we are just created this way and we can't help it.

But let me tell you something: When you choose to take a risk or not communicate to other people involved in the food making process, it not only puts your job at risk but also puts us at risk.

Never assume we are like the rest.

We are different and we don't choose to be.

Please be respectful to all who have allergies and do all you can to ensure their safety or their health.