My Grandma's Top Ten Songs From Her Teenage Years

She's been listening to these songs for the past 65 years, and she's never gotten sick of them.

12
Ashley Fisher

My grandma has always told me music is the gateway to a persons heart. Considering the fact that she grew up listening to Frank Sinatra, Etta James, and Elvis Presley, I can see why she truly believes that. Ever since I can remember, I have been listening to 50s and 60s music. I remember her always playing You Make Me Feel So Young by Frank Sinatra on our radio and watching her slow dance around the living room with my grandfather. Or singing her old music in the car while she was driving me to school early in the morning. This made me realize that the rap and pop music I grew up with isn't the only so-called 'good music' around. Music has been around for hundreds of years, so here's a little taste of what we would call, 'grandma music'.

That's Life - Frank Sinatra

At Last - Etta James

I'll Be Seeing You - Billie Holiday

Grandma's Hand - Bill Withers

I'll Never Smile Again - Frank Sinatra

Please, Please, Please - James Brown

Blue Suede Shoes- Elvis Presley

Young At Heart - Frank Sinatra

Someone to Watch Over Me - Ella Fitzgerald

You Make Me Feel So Young - Frank Sinatra