To My Sorority During My Final Week As Academics Chair
College Greek

I'm so incredibly proud of you.

603
Macy Scott

It's the hardest point of the entire semester. Your study schedule has you locked in the library from sun-up to sun-down, you're drinking your weight in iced coffee, and you're unbelievably physically and mentally exhausted.

During finals season, it's easy to lose faith in your academic abilities.

This past year, I've had the incredible privilege to serve as the Academic Achievement Chairman of the Theta Omicron chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha. My job involves promoting academic success by rewarding the women of our chapter for obtaining superb grades on exams, encouraging positive relationships with professors, and assisting members with finding scholarships and academic resources. My position in my sorority has consistently reminded my sisters that we are Baylor University students first, and sorority girls second.

I initially wanted this position because I believed that I could positively impact my chapter with academic tips that I have found successful in my own studies. But I didn't realize how much the ladies in the Theta Omicron chapter would impact me.

Serving on the 2017-2018 Executive Council has truly taught me what it means to be a leader and a role model for hundreds of young ladies. This position has taught me time-management, how to handle a large budget, oversee events, and help others in need. Being Academics chair has been one of the highlights of my time in college, and I will certainly use these gained skills in my future career endeavors.

As the semester comes to a close, so does my time on Executive Council and being the Academics chair. So, to the ladies of Zeta: thank you. Thank you for letting me serve you each and every day. Thank you for smiling at me as I talked at every chapter meeting. Thank you for attending my resume workshop and professors' reception. Thank you for brightening my day when I opened my email to see all of your amazing academic achievements, internships, and job opportunities. I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to be surrounded by some of the smartest, brightest, high-achieving, and loving women imaginable.

I, of all people, know that this is the hardest point of the semester. But let me remind you for the millionth time that you amazing Zeta ladies are WORTHY. You are worthy of making awesome grades on your finals, and all of this studying will be SO worth it. And I want to remind you all that no matter what your final grades are... I'm proud of you. I've seen you all grow academically this year, and I have never been surer of anything when I say that you are all extremely intelligent. Please remember that although GPA is important, your mental health is even more significant. Be sure to get rest this week, and know that I am always one phone call away if you ever need anything at all.

I am confident that y'all can do it. Even though I won't be Academics Chair anymore, I will always be your sister, and I will always be proud of you. Don't lose faith in your abilities, because I have seen how amazing you all are. Never forget that #ZetasAreSmart, and ace those tests this week.

Thank you so much for one of the best years of my life.

Love,

Mace the Ace