Reasons Anna Kendrick Just Gets It

Reasons Anna Kendrick Just Gets It

You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.

72
Reasons Anna Kendrick Just Gets It
Esquire Magazine

While ordering my food at a restaurant in St. Augustine, Florida, I was asked who I would want to play me in a movie. For some, this question may have needed some thought. For me, however, I immediately knew my answer -- Anna Kendrick. She has been one of my favorite actresses for a long time, even before the first "Pitch Perfect" came out. I remember seeing her in "Twilight" and immediately falling in love with her. Like me, she is a short person who has to deal with others joking about her height and the hardship of buying clothes for her size. She knows the struggle is real when everyone towers over her on a day to day basis. Her Twitter even mentions the trials of being a tiny person.

We also share the love of "Beauty and the Beast" and aspire to be Belle at some point in our lives. We have found the love of music and theater from the Disney movie. Like many other girls, she also has aspired to be a Disney Princess. She has been able to accomplish this goal on a few occasions as Ariel and Cinderella.

I also love that she is comfortable with who she is. She's not afraid to be blunt and share her opinion with others. To balance this characteristic, she is also a humble person who learns from her mistakes and is always looking to grow and improve. She is a great person to look up to because there is nothing fake about her. She embraces her awkwardness and goes with it, rather than looking for others to constantly change her.

If you know me, then you know that I fail at jokes. I try my hardest to be funny, but I ultimately fail every single time. Anna on the other hand, has the best sense of humor as if it just rolls of her tongue. She doesn't even have to try and she's hilarious. One of my favorite moments was when she competed against John Kraskinski in the television show "Lip Sync Battle." She just went for it and didn't look back. Many actresses are afraid of taking risks, but she just goes for them head on which I strongly admire. I love that she is a real person. She lives her life the way she wants to. Even her movie characters give great advice.

She's a great actress because she is genuine. She works hard and is honest with not only herself, but others around her. She's caring and talented. Plus, she loves being lazy like the rest of us.