You Know You're In College When...

You Know You're In College When...

"Can I go back to bed?"

2
You Know You're In College When...

Starting college is one of the most exciting, nerve-racking moments of our life. It gives us the opportunity to start fresh, and forget about the past. When we start college, we tend to be more open to trying new things. Suddenly, we begin to pick up on habits that we used to think were quite strange. If you know someone who shows these signs, most likely they're in college.

1. You nap all the time.

College students have a class schedule, but they also have a nap schedule. Two hours between classes? Sounds like a good time for a nap. Tired after the gym? I bet a nap could cure that. Your whole day starts to revolve around when you can nap.

2. When you run out of shows on Netflix.

Most people might have laughed after seeing this commercial, but college students found it easily relatable. We find ourselves staying up way too late, just to watch "one more episode" of a show. It gets to the point where finding a new show to watch becomes a struggle, because you've seen them all.

3. Your college "diet" consists of ramen and easy mac.

Before I came to college I never used to eat ramen or easy mac. Now it has become my best friend. It is always perfect to have when you're in a time crunch, or you just so happened to sleep through lunch and don't feel like going to the dining commons by yourself.

4. You get excited when you see dogs.

We college students miss our dogs. The best thing about dogs is that they're always excited to see people, even if they don't know them! Seeing a dog around campus can automatically turn our bad day into a good one.

5. When the weekend starts on Thursday.

Why wait for Friday when you can start the day before? College students like to make the weekend a little longer than most people's. I formally apologize to everyone in my Friday classes who have to see me right after I roll out of bed.

6. You feel like you're forgetting to do something 24/7.

You have finally settled down for the day, about to go to bed ... but wait, did you finish all your homework? Did you print that paper thats due tomorrow? Oh, and yes you did forget your ID in your room ... again.

7. You try to find everything in the cheapest form.

Every college student is on some form of a budget. Suddenly we become a little more cautious about the things we spend money on. My advice for incoming college students would be to stay away from online shopping as much as you can, your bank account drops faster than you think.

8. Getting a package from the mailroom is the best part of your day.

The best email we can receive is one from the mailroom saying we have a package. Most of the time it's stuff that we ordered, but when its a package from Mom and Dad we pretty much transform into a little kid on Christmas morning.