Ladies, Embrace Your Monthly Bodily Function

A baker's dozen ways T.O.M. is painfully advantageous

8
nicholasjv.blogspot.com

That time of the month when an egg passes out from the ovaries results in many negative side effects no matter how beautiful the reproductive process is. Every woman has complained about her periods before. "Ugh. It's that time of the month." "S. O. S. Give me Tylenol, and let's hope it works." But cheer up girlies, menstruation does come with positives, whether you realize it or not.

1. You’re alive!!

Let’s face it, dead people don’t get to bleed once a month

2. Chocolate

Nom, nom, nom! Go for the healthy dark chocolate which will provide you with magnesium. It will also help raise the level of your dopamine hormone in your brain, making you feel happier.

3. An excuse to act _____ (You fill it in)

There are some people, who believe that every time a girl or woman acts unhappy, they are automatically on their period. Well, use that to your advantage.

4. An excuse to be lazy

It’s easier to pretend you are tired and cramping ,even if you are not, on period days.

5. You’re not pregnant

Yay! Easier to bleed once a month rather than carry a baby on your spine for 8 months.

6. Admiring the decorative patterns

Flowers, colorful swirls, pastel colored boxes… Aaaah.

7. Getting smart & creative

It’s called survival of the fittest and toilet paper alternative. We all forget our “woman stick” and “woman sheets” (pads) at one time or another. Here’s a trick if you have not figured it out yet. Wrap toilet paper around the cloth on the part of the underwear where the pads usually goes. You can even wrap the paper around extra toilet paper you folded to absorb extra bleeding.

Warning: Although this method is usually helpful, the toilet paper may feel rough and uncomfortable especially if you use public bathroom toilet paper. This is also only for desperate measures and will require frequent bathroom trips if you are menstruating heavily.

8. Syncing up (in other words, bonding time)

Ladies, you know what I mean. It always feels good to know that someone you know is on their period the same days as you. And you can get help during feminine emergency.

9. Being a tough cookie

Well, duh. You survived a week of cramping, bloating, bleeding, headaches, fatigue, etc. The list goes on forever, and only we females have to go through this.

10. Sleeping just feels soooo gooood!

You just feel so exhausted that you knock out in an instant. "Wait, I didn't even notice I was so uncomfortable wearing pads to bed."

11. Being healthier

According to U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institute of Health, menstruation was an evolutionary advantage because it helps remove pathogens that are introduced, especially by sperm, into the female reproductive system. The breaking down of the uterus tissues help reduce the amount of energy required to maintain the uterus during the time it was not needed (the egg was not fertilized).

12. At least you're still young

Hooray for no menopause!

13. When it ends

After a week of torture, you will feel grateful that the other three weeks of each month are not as bad (unless if you count PMS, but that’s easier to cope with, right?)

So the next time it is your time of the month, keep this list in mind.