Body Positivity
Wellbeing

Your Body Is Meant To Be Unique

You're not cookie-cutter; why act like your body is?

73
Your Body Is Meant To Be Unique
Static Flickr c1.staticflickr.com

It's summer. You're lounging poolside, and scrolling through bathing suit selfies on Instagram, and you start to feel like your body is super inferior to everyone else.

It's really not, but I know all too well how quickly your thinking can become clouded.

For starters, there is no magical diet that will work for everyone. Your metabolism and activity level is uniquely yours and changes over time. Quick-fix, pre-packaged diets are not designed with you in mind, so they cannot be guaranteed to help you lose weight. And, everyone's body needs a different number of calories. Do not cut your calories to a friend's level. Consult your health care provider before changing your diet. They can give you the best advice for your unique body and situation.

Secondly, your DNA is not the same as any other person on Earth (unless you have identical siblings). Because of this, your shape and size are not the same as anyone else on Earth. With shape and size in mind, I think it's important to remind everyone that a number on a scale or a number on the inside of your pants does not by any means define how much you are worth as a person.

Finally, in the ESV version of Psalm 139, verse 14 says, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." God created you in His image to fulfill a specific role that He has for you. Do not let Instagram-photo envy distract you from your inner and outer beauty. Remember: God never makes mistakes. So, if He made you, you're not a mistake.