8 Reasons Why I Love A Christmas Story No Matter What Holiday It Is

You'll shoot your eye out!!

101
BreckCrate

We all have that one movie we can watch over and over again and we'll never tired of it. If it's a seasonal movie, we get super excited to begin watching it again.

Sometimes our family needs a break from us watching it so much.

For me: this movie is A Christmas Story. I saw it for the first time in high school and died laughing. It's funny, classic and makes me belly laugh the whole entire film. That year alone I saw it three or four more times. I make it a priority to see it every Christmas multiple times. These are a collection of GIFs and explanations as to why this movie is one of my all-time favorite films beyond the season.

Read On:

1. It's an 80s movie but takes place in the 40s. Literally two of my favorite times in history in one film. The clothes are so authentically 40s and I love it. But it still has the feel of its time with the language used.

2. This movie reminds us what it's like to be a kid. The wit and vigor of Ralphie and his little brother Randy gave a gentle poke at the adults watching the movie as a way to bring back their fondest childhood holiday memories.

3. A Christmas Story's main message is a simple one: Appreciate your family's gifts. If your aunt thinks you're a girl and sends you a pink rabbit suit, then embrace her thought(less)ful present and wear it. Your family may have a funny way of showing it sometimes but they do love you.

4. The school yard was a dangerous place. There were dares and promises spoken. Bullying was hugely prevalent and kids learned to handle themselves. This film showcased this fact better than even "The Little Rascals" in my opinion.

5. Always make sure you say "fudge" especially around your parents. A Christmas Story taught me the f-bomb before I had even gone to school and heard it. It also showed me that honestly parents have a laugh when their kid curses for the first time. They may not like it in the moment but they lose it later over the fact that the kid has heard it enough times to pick it up.

6. This movie has shown me that I have to Be careful what I win in lotteries. The big special present might be something a little... risque. And you always have to double check with your wife before bringing another woman's leg home.

7. A Christmas Story has made it apparent how close you could get to shooting your eye out. Always be aware of where you're holding your BB gun. It could at least take your glasses out.

8. A Christmas Story teaches us to cherish family. It doesn't matter how many leg lamps are broken "accidentally" or if the Bumpus's dogs ruined Christmas dinner. What does matter is being together every day of the year?

A Christmas Story is a classic for anyone to watch really at any time of year but especially with your own family around the holiday season. Bundle up in your best winter coat, start a fire and share in this film's hilarity.