Why Everyone Needs A Pet At College

Why Everyone Needs A Pet At College

Yes, animals do cost lots of time and money. However, the reward you get back from them is priceless.

12
https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-photography-of-sleeping-tabby-cat-1056251/

As someone who brought their childhood pet to college, I can honestly say it was the best decision I have ever made for myself, ever. My cat, Ruby, has been nothing but my best friend since I was 11. 10 years later and she is still by my side. Having a pet here with you at college is a phenomenal experience that no one should miss out on.

To start, there is someone there to greet you when you get home, quite literally, every single day. And as a bonus, they are always SO happy to see you. It is a sure fire way to put a smile on your face. After a stressful day full of classes, work, homework, you name it- nothing beats coming home to a smiling pet with a wagging tail.

It also means you have someone by your side at all times. They are moral support while you do your homework. They are cuddles in your bed at night. They are there for you to talk and talk their ear off (we pet owners know we are all guilty of talking to our animals as if they are real). They are just a constant companion to help you maintain your sanity throughout these VERY stressful college years.

Pets make you happy, it's as simple as that. While I am partial to cats, that doesn't mean there isn't a pet out there for everyone. Maybe you are the next best puppy mama, or kitty dad, maybe the right pet for you is a goldfish or a hamster. Whatever it is, don't doubt the amazing effects of having a pet in college can do for you. It helps lift some of the stress that so obviously comes from your college years.

You don't have to feel alone. You don't have to feel like there is no one there to vent to or even share good news with. Pets are always the answer. Also, how many times growing up did you beg for a furry friend and your parents said no? Well, you are the adult now. Go out and get that pet you've been dreaming of.