You Don't Know...

You Don't Know...

You've got this. I've got this. We've all got this.

29
You Don't Know...
Tumblr

Hey, everyone! I know you're used to silly articles from me, but for this week, I wanted to get serious about something. All of us have our own stuff going on in our lives that affect us in negative and positive ways, we all know that. What I'm not sure we understand is how to accept people despite these thoughts and events that are spiraling out of control inside of our brains.

You don't know what somebody's going through...

You don't know how hard it is, or was, to get out of bed today, yesterday, or tomorrow...

You don't know why something triggers somebody...

You don't know if somebody's breaking inside...

You don't know if somebody cried themselves to sleep last night...

You don't know if they're putting up a front...

You just don't know...

You don't get to decide how somebody is and how they react to things, because you have no idea what's it like to walk a mile in their shoes. So many people jump quickly into making decisions and assumptions about a person: being so quick to judge. I can reassure you that if you're judging someone, they're probably judging you too. I'm tired of everyone assuming that everyone's ok. Some people aren't ok and you can't just pencil it off and move on. We're entitled to have these feelings because they're completely valid. We need support, love, and faith from those who know us and those who don't. Sometimes life just sucks and that's something we need to accept. If everything was amazing all of the time, we would lose the meaning of what exactly "amazing" means. We're entitled to feel. We're entitled to love. We're entitled to feel validated.

This article might not make any sense, but it's something that's been on my mind. If you, or anyone you know, is going through a hard time, know you're not alone and that there are many people struggling. Know this, it will get better, but for right now, it's ok to be upset. It's ok to feel things. Once we understand that, it'll be so much easier to move forward and find the light. Know I believe in you and that there are many others who do too. You've got this, I've got this, we've all got this. You don't know how hard it is to be.