Accounting majors know these 20 truths
Education

You Are An Accounting Major If...

All accounting majors can relate!

517
You Are An Accounting Major If...
https://www.redbubble.com/people/careers/works/10991906-be-audit-you-can-be?cat_context=u-stationery&grid_pos=4&p=sticker&rbs=cf27436a-1717-40b2-83be-16dcd891215d&ref=shop_grid&searchTerm=accounting%20stickers

I love being an accounting major and hope to work for a Big Four when I graduate. Both my parents are accountants, and I vowed that I would never follow in their footsteps. Now, I live and breathe it, and I would not have it any other way. Here are 20 truths about being an accounting major.

1. You get a little high on life when your balance sheet balances.

NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS FEELING! Balancing a balance sheet is addicting.

2. Contrary to popular belief you are not boring.

Just because you like accounting does not make you boring! You know how to have fun too.

3. You know what the Big Four are and have dreams of working for one in the future.

Ahh yes the Big Four - the ultimate goal. They are amazing and you want a spot in one so badly.

4. Accounting does NOT equal tax!

There are four branches - tax, audit, advisory, and consulting - and within each, there are different sections.

5. You either like financial accounting or managerial accounting better.

It all depends on how your mind works.

6. You love accounting puns.

"It's an accrual world." "LIFO the party." "Work your asset off." "Be audit you can be."

7. You dread the CPA.

It is hard to pass, but at least you only need a 75 - on every section that is.

8. When you hear the word gap, you immediately think of GAAP.

GAAP = the rules to live by.

9. You lowkey have dreams of finding fraud.

You probably never will, but you can dream right?

10. People think you are a math genius.

Nope - just really good at using my calculator and knowing which number goes where.

11. Speaking of calculators, you are very attached to yours and have certain ones for different things.

Your calculator is like your right arm.

12. You know that debits = credits and assets = liabilities + stockholder's equity.

Never forget these - you will fail your classes.

13. People ask you to do their taxes.

Again, you may not even do tax.

14. Usually you enter the work force in audit or tax.

And then you can move around.

15. You love the rules associated with accounting (and are probably a rule follower yourself).

Accounting is all about following the rules.

16. You know the struggle of balancing networking, case competitions, classes, and extracurriculars.

Anything for your future!

17. You did the Volunteer Income Tax Assitance (VITA) program if your school has it.

So cool to get hands on experience early.

18. You plan your life around doing leadership programs one summer, an internship the next summer, and then working full time for a firm.

Even accounting recruiting for jobs is structured.

19. 150 is your magic number.

150 credits to sit for the CPA exam that is. You will either cram them into four years or do a Masters in Accounting.

20. You cannot imagine being any other major!

Accounting has your heart!

Accounting is an awesome career path! Good luck and thank your awesome accounting professors for teaching you all that you know!