Yosemite National Park is a must visit vacation location.
Travel

vacation location, how about yosemite?

Yosemite National Park is a must experience vacation spot

29
vacation location, how about yosemite?
Photo By Andrew R. McKinley

Are you interested in a great experience? Hiking, camping, and backpacking adventures? I greatly recommend you turn your eyes to Yosemite. Even if you have been there, you'll continue to find new things and have great experiences each time you return. I have been visiting Yosemite since 95 and still love returning. From the majestic waterfalls to the Giant breathtaking Sequoia trees, Yosemite is a must for the adventurer and camper looking for a new or renewing experience.

So what is so special about Yosemite National Park? Well, you see it's a glacier-carved valley; filled with gorgeous panoramic views of mountains, valleys, soaring granite monoliths, cliffs, waterfalls, and rivers. It is by far one of the most breathtaking natural wonders in the world. When in Yosemite you need to take the time to hike out to some of its many waterfalls, don't worry, even if you're not an avid backpacker some of the trails are paved and even make it so a stroller can maneuver on them. You will find yourself rather surprised that the best part of the hike may indeed not be the payoff of the waterfall but the journey through the deep scented forests; Sugar Pines, Cedars, and much more fill the air.

Some of the best times to visit the park is spring or fall; the summer is greatly packed with tourists from all around the world. But, if you do choose to go during the summer, don't fret, the best days to be at the park is Monday – Thursday. The added weekend-getaway crowed is gone, and allows for a rich natural experience still. In the springtime the park explodes with seasonal color, take your time and witness its beauty. Maybe find a nice meadow to have a picnic or lay down among the flowers. In the fall you'll find an amazing array of yellows and oranges replacing the bright greens from summer.

Have you seen the Sequoias? No? You have to check them out. Some of the largest and oldest trees in the whole world can be found in the southern end of Yosemite, at the Sequoia National Forest. Some of these trees will dwarf the imaginable, and stand at 26 stories! And even range between 1,800 and 2,700 years old. But, all in all, while you're there, some must-sees are: Glacier Point, Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, Mist Trail, and Mariposa Grove. Those are a few must-see while you're in Yosemite. Now if you're interested in camping, there are plenty of places in the park, as well as outside the park. You can pay to camp which ranges from $25 - $45 a night but comes with a space and fire permit. If you're feeling adventurous though and are okay with not having a fire, unless you can get a permit, you can camp for free in a number of locations in the park and outside the park. Just, keep in mind the bears and animals so talk with a park ranger about the bear activity.

In short, Yosemite is a grand place to visit full of adventure no matter how many times you've been.