Live Your Own Life

Stop letting Someone Else's Life Define Yours

Write your own story.

91

Moral of the story: just because something happened to someone else doesn't mean it will happen to you.

This can go for good AND bad things we experience throughout our lives.

Obviously, when something good happens to someone we love or someone who is merely an acquaintance, we are happy for them. It is an amazing feeling to be celebrated and congratulated by those around you.

I think there are many times on a daily basis where we see someone reaching the point of "success" and we think, "if so-and-so can do it, then so can I." Of course, you can! You can achieve anything you set your mind to, but don't be mistaken. Chances are someone got to this place in their life because they worked for it.

Some people may say people that the ones I mentioned above are just "lucky." Maybe, but I truly feel as if everyone in their life has to work at something in order to get to where they want to be. So don't skip to the excuse of them being lucky, but rather acknowledge all of the work they have put into getting where they are now. Don't automatically assume that something will happen for you since it happened to someone else.

You go out there yourself and work for it.

The same idea applies for when bad things happen to people.

Just because someone's job, relationship, etc. didn't work out doesn't mean yours will do the same!

We are all so quick to base things that will happen to us off of what has happened to other people. You may think, "Oh, so-and-so had a bad experience there so I'm not going to try it." In a case like this, you're setting yourself up for failure.

We are all individuals. Every ounce of our being is different from the person next to us. There are so many factors that go into every situation and point in time that makes it unique. Things didn't work out for that person for a reason. Maybe it wasn't the right time, person, or place. Whatever the case may be, don't be afraid to give life a shot.

Life is so short and valuable. It is not worth it to sit back and watch it play out in front of you. Take a hold of your life and show what you can offer to the world. You just have to trust everything will play out the way it's supposed to.

I feel like every day I find more and more people who are too afraid to live their lives because others have had a bad experience. You need to live. You need to be spontaneous. You need to WRITE YOUR OWN STORY.

We are not meant to live the same lives. We are meant to make our own mistakes and challenge our own battles in order to grow as people. Does this mean we shouldn't take precautions before adventuring? Absolutely not, but you shouldn't be afraid to experience something for yourself. Someone else's hell could be your happiness. Go out and find it.

If you find yourself being curious about something or someone, go explore. Trust your instincts.

"Ten years from now, make sure you can say you chose your life, you didn't settle for it."

Related Articles Around the Web